36 ~ Protector

The next couple of months were difficult. Not only because Atlantis's crocs would change colours every ten minutes but because she had to slowly get used to being settled in one single place. 

The rest of it was the mental part, as it always seemed to be.

"Can we start thinking of names now?" Atlantis sighed, staring at the sky while relaxing on a chair. Shanks shook his head and closed the book he was reading to her, picking up his drink and guzzling down a bit. Once he finished he placed the mug down and flung his legs over the side of his lounge chair and adjusted Atlantis's hat so that it covered more of her head.

She smiled at him and he smiled back.

Shanks laid down and continued reading while Atlantis stared at the sky the best she could under her hat.

Suddenly something popped up in her head and she opened her mouth to sing.

"Oh we all are living in a dream..." Shanks paused and looked up. "But life aint what it seems, oh everything's a mess."

Shanks uneasily watched her hand as it laid at her side, inspecting the nearly invisible scars from her youth. The beautiful marks that reminded her of what she had been through, and that she had gotten through it.

Ayomide stopped cutting the fruits he was preparing for Atlantis and quickly placed the remaining ones in the fruits basket. He braced his palms against the counter with the knife still in hand, staring at the wall in front of him silently. Some of the assistants in the kitchen watched him but eventually continued to work.

Toni's ears twitched as he grabbed his walking stick and headed towards the kitchen, clicking his tongue at anyone who annoyed him before plopping down on a chair next to Ayomide.

Cosmo leaned over the railing and looked down at his captain, resting his head on his palm. For a moment his gaze lingered to the woman behind him scolding Marco for cutting off communication though the blonde only grumbled at her. It wasn't until Marcos patience began to fade that he grabbed the woman by the waist and silenced her with his lips.

Cosmo snickered and respectfully looked away back to his captain with a large grin.

Relaeh quieted down and placed herself beside him red as a tomato, also looking down at their captain with a gleam in her eyes.

"Is that energy... coming from captain?"

She asked the question he was thinking.

Marco answered them, breathing out a sigh as he looked down at Atlantis with a gleam in his eyes. It was the same gleam they all had in their eyes. "Yes it is, yoi."

Talia's hazel eyes clashed with golden-yellow and she kept a stern expression to show the young girl just how dire this situation was. She moved her hands to cup Mystique's shoulders and inhaled deeply. "Promise me you'll change the world."