38 ~ القصاص

Under just a number of months, Sawrat's abilities grew even stronger.

Ayomide and her had just finished another training session when he approached her and wrapped his arms around her. Ayomide smiled a little and rested his chin on her shoulder. "You've gotten stronger."

She smiled and tilted her head back to look up at him. "Maybe you've just gotten weaker."

He tickled her side. "As if. How could the first mate of an emperor even dare allow himself to weaken?"

She chuckled and reached up, hand caressing his cheek. "For a lover, surely he could."

His gaze soften. "Yes... perhaps you're right."

AtlantIs suddenly appeared behind them. "Oi! Ayo, I need you, c'mere." 

He sighed and kissed Sawrats forehead. "Yes, Captain."

He then joined his captain, listening to her rant about certain things with a small smile.

Suddenly, a knife was at his neck and held by his very own best-friend.

"Captain...?" He muttered in fear. "Have I... angered you, for some reason?"

"Oh, come on, Ayo." His captain soon withered away as someone hugged him from behind. He gazed over his shoulder and narrowed his eyes at his lover. "Won't you admit I'm strong enough now."

He smirked. "Try that on captain and see if you'll get the same result."

And she did.

But as soon as Ayomides illusion walked toward Atlantis, a knife went through his head.

Sawrat stood in shock. "Ah..."

"Girl." Atlantis judged her. "Why would you think that'd be a good idea?"

Quickly, without an ounce of hesitation, she pointed at Ayomide and laid the blame on him. The first mate panicked and pointed at Dragon, doing the same. Dragons eyes widened in shock and he stood frozen.

Atlantis narrowed her eyes at all three of them before turning around and returning to her call with her son.

"I'll be home soon, buddy."

"When soon?"

"Before you know it." Shanks answered instead, and Atlantis could hear him lift the boy and hand him off to Benn who took the boy away. It was his bedtime, apparently.

"How's everything over there?"

Ace quickly yelled something as he walked by Atlantis. "Atlantis got a date!"

"WHAT?!" Shanks screamed but paused when he heard Ace suddenly scream a high pitched scream.

"How did you set me on fire? I literally am fire!"

Atlantis hissed. "Go away before I do worse."

Shanks let out a laugh. "It's alright, he's just joking."

"If Yassop joked about something like that, I would kill him. So no, it's not fine."

The red head smirked. "What's the status on the war beginning?"

Suddenly, Atlantis rushed to her sleeping quarters and shut the door. "Shanks, tomorrow Sabo and I are to go out to Marijois and declare a war."

"Not Dragon?"

"In chess, do you ever use your king first?"

"I don't play chess."He continued before she could sigh. "But I understand what you mean. Just be safe, they're bound to be a lot more secure lately."