14 ~ Guilt Is Not A Justification

"Daba."

"No, I'm not insane."

"Daaaba."

"Because I'm talking to a baby? Psh, leave me alone you little gremlin."

"Taha!"

"Isn't that a name?"

"Nah."

"You having trouble with a baby?" Shanks questioned with crossed arms as he leaned on the door to the Kozuki family room. Atlantis stared at him for a few seconds before looking back down at the baby she was cradling and rocking back and forth in her arms. The red-head frowned and walked towards her before taking a seat next to her. "Did you get enough sleep? I mean... having a conversation with a baby isn't something one can normally do..."

"What?!" Atlantis gritted her teeth and stares into the eyes of the baby, "But it was talking, I swear!"

The baby looked like it was smug about something and she glared at it. All of a sudden, she began to wail and Atlantis panicked greatly. Shanks released a sigh and took the baby from her arms, crossing his legs and looking down at her with a small smile as he shushed the baby softly. Atlantis stared in bewilderment as the baby calmed down enough to close her eyes and fall into a nice sleep while Shanks rocked her from side to side. The red head looked up at his best friend and smiled softly before speaking, "Babies are actually really simple. If they are relaxed than they can go to sleep just like that and wont bother you for another hour or so." Atlantis stared at the baby as her mouth moved up and down and the softest breaths escaped.

"Little shit."

"Atlantis!"

"What? Baby's are so ugly, ugh..."

Shanks sweatdropped, "Im assuming you dont want kids in the future."

"Hell no, that means I would have to give birth, which means I have to find someone who will be in a relationship and thats too much of a hassle. Trying to survive in this world is already hard enough."