10 ~ A Smile Of Many Meanings

"Atlantis!" Everyone was dancing, drinking and laughing together as the young girl sat away from the party. Don't get her wrong, she loved parties but it always felt wrong to be part of one if she was only going to frown or yawn. It's not like Atlantis could help it, it's just how her body has trained itself to become but it was slowly getting used to it's new normal. She even felt like smiling at the moment, her mouth just couldn't seem to follow her emotions and it was a little frustrating. 

The boy who had called her was none other than Buggy as he took her hand in his own and brought the two of them into the little drinking circle everyone had created. At first, Atlantis was a little overwhelmed about all the sudden attention she had gained, but when Roger strolled towards her and bent down while placing his arm around her neck, she felt a little more comfortable.

Roger whispered something in her ears that only made her huff nervously. "Let's sing that song in your head, shall we?"

She shook her head but it was too late, he'd called for the remaining people who were conversing to be silent and focus solely on her, announcing that she would start a song for them all. A few yells of encouragement came from some people in her crew and she swallowed her nervous down. Soon, her foot was tapping lightly on the ground and eventually, Roger being the only one to know the song, began tapping loudly for her. As more and more people joined Atlantis's confidence grew and her mouth finally opened to let the lyrics of the song out.

"There once was a ship that put to sea, the name of the ship was a billy of tea," Shanks grinned only to guffaw in shock as Atlantis took hold of his hand and dragged him to her side. Unlike her, he was quite comfortable with a large audience so he didn't really mind. He began to clap his hands and others joined to create a smooth beat. 

"The winds blew up, her bow dipped down, Oh blow, my bully boys, blow!" 

A perfectly timed clap sounded and was produced by none other than the man who had gifted her with the name she was sure to eventually learn how to love, and that was enough signal for his crew to erupt with cheers as they stood and began to dance all while making sure to memorize this song for the future.