Chapter 21: "Green, like your eyes"

Becca above

Hannah POV

Too many things happened during the last two weeks, definitely too many.

After a very eventful and the longest full moon night of my life, I woke up in one bed with Mikkeli, thankfully not only with him. But it didn't stop my cheeks from turning red when I noticed our position.

 Mikkeli was lying in the center of the bed with me on top of him, my head was resting on his chest, and his hand was on my head as if he was trying to get me closer to him, even in his sleep. Rosie was sleeping on his left side, curled into Mikkeli's armpit with her tiny arms wrapped around his big one. The boys were on his right side, with Jason's arms wrapped around Mikkeli's leg with his feet pointed very close into the direction of the Alpha's nose, and James was between his brother and me, clutching my waist.

 All my muscles were a little bit aching because of the uncomfortable position, but nevertheless, I felt a very warm feeling in my chest at this sight. I relaxed against Mikkeli's chest, letting myself keep this moment of silent calmness.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Rose standing by the door, looking at us with a tiny smile and cheerful eyes. I managed to wiggle out from all arms, holding me without waking up anybody. Rose and I let them all sleep and went downstairs. 

Gideon and Becca were already sitting in the kitchen, sipping their coffee slowly and looking slightly tired.

"So the cat is out of the bag," said Becca as soon as she noticed me," but yesterday's party was fun."

I smiled at her, appreciating that she was trying to cheer me up.

"How is Hayden?" I asked Gideon.

"I patched him up; the boys for sure have Mikkeli's temper. Hayden has bruised ribs, lots of claws, scratches,  and one excruciating bite wound on his leg. And he's not healing very well."

"Why?" I asked; I was concerned about him.

"First of all, Hayden's wolf is much weaker after his mate's death, and the second is the fact that it was his sons who had attacked him. It made his wounds more painful and difficult to heal for his wolf. It would get better if the boys' wolves could lick his gashes, but I'm quite sure they are not in the mood for that."

I raised my brows with an unspoken question, and Gideon explained:

"As werewolves, we have the ability to heal our family and closest ones, especially mates. So when you are wounded, it's good when your mate licks your wounds to speed up the healing process, but it also works the other way around. If a child hurt the parent or opposite, or if mates hurt each other physically, the wounds are usually more severe and heal slower."

The scene when Mikkeli had licked my bruised face a couple of months before flashed in my memory. Was it why he had done it, to help me heal after him hitting me? But I did not comment on that when Hayden entered, limping into the kitchen.

"Where are Jason and James?" he asked me, but it was Rose who answered:

"They are still sleeping with Rosie and Mikkeli."

Hayden looked confused and worried hearing that, but he didn't say anything as Rose continued:

"Eat your breakfast now, Hayden, and go to your room or whatever you must do to calm yourself. When the boys wake up, we will feed them, and then I will talk with them together with Hannah, and after that, we will send them to speak with you."

I gently squeezed his hand, trying to reassure him. He looked at me with gratefulness and managed to smile back at me.

And that's how it went.