Epilogue: "Black Moon"

Hannah POV

As the next full moon comes, a big bonfire is prepared at the clearing in the woods. Today is the day all the wolves from both packs are gathered here, and the new pack will be born.

I sense the tension within the pack; the change that will come is big. But somehow, I feel excited thinking of all that hard work Mikkeli, Hank, I, and many others will have to do.

I look at all who are gathered. I spot familiar faces within the crowd. I see Kyle and Rose smiling at me, I see the always serious face of Dalton, I see the gentle smile on Hank and a blank expression on Ryan's face, and I see Gideon sending a calm smile towards me.

The council member who came here to sanction the creation of the Black Moon Pack is giving a long and boring speech which I don't listen to. I look into Mikkeli's eyes as he stands in front of me, and I'm sure he doesn't listen, either. On my neck is placed his mark. Finally, he has marked me too, and finally, we are one.

I can sense his emotions much better now; I feel his love, his care, his lust. I've never been a romantic type, and honestly, I don't believe in everlasting love, but still, I want to love Mikkeli and Byron till our last breath.

"I, Mikkeli Blackwood, hereby pledge to lead and protect the Black Moon Pack. I pledge just and fair treatment towards its pack members. I pledge to honor werewolf's traditions and treaties. I pledge a loyalty towards the pack as its Alpha."

I smile as Mikkeli finishes his oath, and the Council's member nods and then turns towards me.

"I, Hannah Waters, marked mate of Mikkeli Blackwood hereby pledge my loyalty towards Alpha Mikkeli and Black Moon Pack and vow to lead, support, and protect his rule and prosperity of Black Moon Pack as its Luna," I say, feeling the weight of this words, feeling the responsibility it places on my shoulder, feeling the new beginning starting for me.

"I, Hank Stone hereby pledge my loyalty towards Alpha Mikkeli, Luna Hannah, and Black Moon Pack and vow to lead, support, and protect their rule and prosperity of Black Moon Pack as its Beta," Hank says.

After Hank's, it is Patrick's turn,  and as he finishes his pledge, all of us turn around, facing all the wolves gathered at the clearing; the fire made this night really bright.

"Do you all gathered here, pledge your loyalty towards Black Moon Pack and accept my protection as your Alpha?" Mikkeli says, and his voice echoes through the clearing.

Everybody, and there are almost two and a half hundred people here, bow their heads in submission. As a new mindlink is established, I sense the tension and uncertainty but also hope, hope for the future and the will to fight for it.

"I hereby accept you all as members of the Black Moon Pack and take you under my protection," Mikkeli finishes.

Hanks starts howling, and soon all the wolves join him and start to shift along with Mikkeli. Now comes the time for another tradition which is a pack run.

As I straddle Byron, he howls again and starts running. As we run, I feel the strong wind on my face, I hear the paws hitting the ground, I feel Byron's joy, as I feel a unity with the pack, I keep looking at the moon. 

Was it really a higher power of the Moon Goddess who decided to bring me here to this place so I could make it my home? Was it her will to guide Maddie towards my dad and me so we could save her and destiny could make the circle and finally lead me back here?

I clench my fist stronger on Byron's fur. I know that it's just the beginning of my road as a Luna, of my life as Mikkeli's mate, of accepting my role as Rosie's mother. That's not something I had in mind when I used to think of my future, but still, I don't regret anything and only wish my parents and Tony could be here with us.

After the run and celebration in the clearing, we slowly go back towards the house, and Mikkeli doesn't let go of my hand, and I...

"You are projecting your thoughts, feisty one," he chuckles.

I give him a taunting look.

"I thought you like it when I'm on top."

He stops walking, takes me into his arms, and smashes our lips together, growling MINE. Lost in our pleasure at first, we don't notice a small figure in the distance, running in our direction and screaming at the top of his lungs.

"Hannah, Mikkeli!" Jason is panting hard but smiles very brightly. "He's awake! Hayden has just awakened!"

The END of Book One

The story came to an end, and I would like to thank all of you for your time, votes, and comments.  I hope you enjoyed my story and had a good time reading it.