Chapter 22: "Werewolves and humans are not compatible"

Connie above

Hannah POV

Since the day all those mighty Alphas came with their warriors, the feeling of uncertainty hasn't wanted to leave me. I just had a hunch that something terrible would happen soon, even though I have absolutely no reason to back up this hunch. 

 Everybody seems to behave exceptionally well; the order is kept, and the strict training schedule is enforced. I rarely see Mikkeli these days because of how busy he is. But the pack changed when our guests arrived. People seem tenser, and I understand that preparing for battle and the upcoming bloodshed may be the main reason for everybody dropping mood. Still, something in the air bothers me. 

 According to Hayden, too many strong wolves in one area may cause growing tension, and I think I understand what he means. 

I, Kyle, and a couple of persons are in charge of serving meals to all the warriors who are in training and now preparing for the upcoming operation. And looking at all those werewolves three times a day makes me nervous; I don't feel comfortable around them, and I have a feeling that none of us do.

 I can say no one lousy word about packs of Alphas Damian, Kayden, and Natasha. They are all close friends to Mikkeli, and their warriors are well-behaved and focused on their job.

I don't recognize other alphas except for Alpha Ryan of the Full Moon pack, but my main problem is with him and two other Alphas who seem to spend lots of time with Ryan. Rose told me that these alliances were forged during the reign of Mikkeli's father, and their packs are still run according to the old traditions. 

For example, they don't seem to pay too much respect to Alpha Natasha or Becca as Head Warrior because they're women, and their warriors are loud and can be rude towards each other. I also heard them when I was serving drinks in Mikkeli's office, and they have the war gathering there. They criticized everything but had no ideas of their own.  I've seen how furious Mikkeli was because of that, and Tony had to use all his charm not to let them start throwing insults at each other.

Rose seems tired because of all the work she has to do, and all the omegas, including me, have started drawing lots about cleaning in the house appointed for the guests from the Full Moon pack. I cleaned there only once, and it was one of the most disgusting messes I had ever seen. 

The fact that their Beta Hank is gloomy all the time doesn't help, although, among all his pack members, he seems to be the only one knowing that he's here for a job. 

Alpha Ryan is much more interested in shoving Connie all the time in front of Mikkeli. Yes, he brought his daughter to the war council so she could maybe manage to strengthen her position as the future Luna of this pack. 

Seeing her almost every day glued to Mikkeli pisses me off. I warned him that if I ever spot them alone anywhere, I will convince Byron to give him hell he would never forget, and the cocky bastard seemed to be extremely happy with me being jealous.

My brothers seem bored; because of training, they are pretty much stuck in the house, and they cannot run around the pack territories so freely anymore; at least Hayden makes sure to take them for a night running through the woods every day. And even though boys seem not to be so warmed up about Hayden yet, they for sure appreciate and enjoy the time with him.

So to summarize the current situation, everybody is busy and tired. 

Mikkeli is busy and tired of preparing for the war, Tony and Hayden are busy and tired of helping him, Becca and our warriors are busy and tired with training, Gideon is busy and tired of patching up all broken bones and wounds which happen during the training. I, Kyle, and other omegas are busy and tired with cleaning and serving.