Chapter 33: "Small talk and serious danger"

Hannah above

Hannah POV

First was the goodbye, the funeral of those who didn't return. Then came the slow return to daily activities.

 It is challenging to balance the despair of those who lost their loved ones with the joyful happiness of those who are reunited with them. So, as an Alpha during the last days, Mikkeli visited the families of those who didn't return. He told me that it is his duty to personally tell everyone how brave and strong those who we had lost were. And show them respect one last time.

Despite our loss, the pack seems happy that the worst is finally over; our victory was so big. Again according to what Mikkeli told me, this victory will bring peace and safety from hunters' attacks in this part of the country for many years and will allow packs to prosper and many pups to have a safe childhood. 

 And now the time has come to celebrate. The delegation from all the packs that fought will be here in an hour. So it's not only one big gathering of allies but also my brothers' first official introduction as the heirs of the Blackwood Pack.

About our situation, Mikkeli and I still haven't talked about it. 

We have had too many traumatic experiences lately that I'm not in the mood for serious talking. I also don't see a point in pressuring Mikkeli to do it. So instead, I enjoy the everyday things we have been doing lately, like eating breakfast together, having casual talks in the afternoon, playing with Rosie or the boys, planning the pack's budget for the next year, and helping Kyle with his pregnancy. 

 I know that we cannot avoid the serious conversation, and sooner than later, we will have to make our mating official because, nevertheless, nothing was said and done; I know Mikkeli is my future, or at least I want to fight for my future with him. And I'm willing to wait for him. I'm willing to give him as much time as he needs.

"You look beautiful," says Rose as she's finished caring for my hair.

I smirk at my reflection in the mirror; I took extra time today to make sure that I will be as stunning as possible and that I won't be anything less beautiful than all of these magnificent Lunas who will be here today.

"Wonderful, Hannah," she smiles again at me. "You will outshine all of the women out there. So, after tonight, we can start planning your Luna Ceremony, and don't roll your eyes; you want this. You want to be marked by Mikkeli. And believe me when I say that you are the best thing that ever happened to him."

"How can you be so sure? After all, I'm only human and..."

"I've known Mikkeli my whole life," she quickly interrupts me. "I've seen him growing up, and during all this time, I've rarely seen him happy. He's been a strong warrior and a good Alpha, but he has never been happy till you came. He was more like a machine before, but now he's finally an alive being. And thank you, Hannah, thank you for giving me family once again, thank you for allowing me into my grandchildren's lives, thank you for the second chance."

She starts crying, and I quickly stand up and hug her.

"I thank you too for making us at home here. And that's enough of it. I can't start crying. My make-up will be ruined." I smirk and let go of her.

As I go downstairs, I feel like seeing Kyle, who decided to spend the evening in his room. He doesn't feel like being around people from the Full Moon Pack, especially now that his baby bump is visible. We thought about trying to convince him but decided that we shouldn't pressure him into anything. So I chat with my friend for some time as Rosie plays with her dolls on the floor. Kyle volunteered to take care of my sister tonight because the packhouse will be crowded today, and everybody is busy.