Chapter 32

"Would you rather be able to control fire or water?" Alex asked.

"Babe, how do you even come up with these kinds of questions?" Donald sounded confused.

Well, do you blame the guy?

"Just answer the damn question!"

"Okay. Okay. Sheesh! Fire, probably"

"Aww, same here babe. See? I told you we were soulmates"

I chuckled lightly.

Watching them always reminded me of a Tom and Jerry episode. They were like two different pieces of a puzzle but they fit together so perfectly. It was beautiful and funny at the same time.

Alex, Donald, Justin and I laid on the field doing nothing in particular. We were playing sports previously but we decided to lay down since we were tired. As a spy, you'd think I'd be more enthusiastic towards athleticism but it was the reverse in my case. I'd rather lie down, read a book and feel the breeze in my hair. Besides, I never saw the point of getting all sweaty due to running all because you wanted to catch a ball.

Perhaps I'm this way because I never truly liked sports. To me, thinking of and developing an interesting story plot is far more tasking can any sport could be.

"Why fire, though?" Justin questioned.

Justin played with my hands as he spoke then brought it to his lips to kiss it.

The tingles and butterflies in my tummy never seemed to disappear when he was near me. Still, I couldn't decipher why someone like him would be into someone like me. I don't even think I would want someone like me. No guy has ever shown me interest until now.

"Except Yinka" my subconscious reminded me.

Mentally, I delivered a strong punch to her face. I shouldn't be thinking of Yinka especially when I'm with Justin.

"So that, if anyone ever stood in her way or messed with her, I could burn them down" Donald answered.

"Aww babe" Alex cooed "You'd do that for me?"

"I would literally burn down the world for you if I could"

She got on top of him and kissed him passionately. I knew it was wrong to stare but I couldn't get my eyes off them. I wonder what it's like to be kissed. I always imagined what it would be like to kiss Justin.

"And Yinka" my subconscious reminded again "Remember how wet you got when you felt his breath in your ear"

It's obvious that the punch wasn't hard enough so this time I stabbed her multiple times.

"You're staring" Justin whispered in my ear.

With an immediate feeling of embarrassment, I quickly looked away.

"Sorry" I said.

If I was light skinned, I'd probably be as red as a tomato.

"It's okay" he brought his lips closer to my ear "Don't worry, I always fantasize about kissing you too"

Wait...what?

"So, what about you guys?" Donald asked. They had finally stopped kissing.

"Water" Justin and I said at the same time.

"Why water?" he questioned.

"Well" I shrugged "Water can literally control everything in a subtle way"

"Plus, it can quench fire" Justin added "And it can also be used for destruction"

"You would turn down an option to burn anyone who stood in your way for something to subtle?"

"Yup" we both said.

"Boring!" they chorused.

"What?" I spoke up "As an avatar fan, I always wanted to be a water bender"

"Y'all are boring. No wonder you're made for each other"

Justin checked his wristwatch.

"In twenty minutes, sports time will be over" he told me.

"Yeah, we'll just chill till then"

"I wanna show you something real quick. Come on"

Justin pulled me up.

"See you later guys" I said to them.

"Bye lovebirds"

Alex blew us a kiss.

Justin continued to drag me as we moved.

"I can't wait for this evening" Justin said.

It almost skipped my mind that today was the beginning of the sleepover. Excitement coursed through me as I thought of it.

"Me too"

The whole thing felt surreal. Deep down, I was waiting for something to mess it up because it felt too good to be true. I never believed my mom could actually let me go for this sort of thing. The thought of being alone with my friends for the weekend got me thrilled. I only saw things like this on TV. Now, I'll actually get to experience it.

We finally got to the classroom. I had to sit on a table to catch my breath.

He trapped me by putting his arms on both side of the table which left me in between.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked him "What did you want to show me?"

"No reason" he shrugged "I just wanted to get you alone"

"Pervert" I rolled my eyes "Why though?"

He held eye contact with me for a few seconds.

"So, I could do this"

He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine.

It felt like time stopped when our lips touched. For a moment, I had no idea what to do but I had waited for this moment for such a long time and I didn't want to mess it up. I had read too many books and watched too many movies about this.

Instead of getting too tense, I relaxed and allowed myself to get lost in the moment. I placed my hands on his neck to draw his body closer to mine. I focused on how soft and sweet his lips were as our tongues moved together in a passionate rhythm.

I opened my eyes for a brief moment to make sure this was really happening. Justin looked so lost in the feeling. His grip on my waist tightened. I had no choice but to close my eyes back out of pleasure.

He pulled me closer, if that was even possible since our bodies were practically pressed together. The tingles and butterflies in my stomach were in a frenzy. Slowly, I slipped my fingers under his shirt. I carefully glided through his smooth skin. My toes curled as he intensified the kiss. I had read hundreds of books but none of them could have prepared me for this moment.

I parted my lips to allow him gain more entrance. His tongue against mine felt like a writer's pen on paper, smooth precise, creative and magical.

The sound of the bell ringing made us pull apart. I was breathing heavily but I wanted more. I needed more.

"That was..." I started.

"Perfect" he finished "It was perfect"

He rested his forehead on mine. We made eye contact and laughed.

"It's more than what I imagined my first kiss would be like" I confessed.

With a large grin, he replied.

"Me too"