Chapter 2

Y/N lays in her bed, staring up at the ceiling. It's been two days since the audition and two weeks since the gala. She and Johnny had texted each other nearly every day. Now she waits for the call from her manager, Laura, to tell her she got the part. At least, that's what she hoped.

   Her phone started ringing. She scrambled over to her phone. She saw Laura's name and took a deep breath.

   "Hello?" Y/N asked.

   "Y/N? Hey hun...sorry but I've got some bad news."

   Y/N didn't know what to say. The disappointment came crashing over her. Tears welled up. She knows she shouldn't be upset, but she really wants the role.

   "Y/N? You there, hun?" Laura asked.

   "I didn't get the part, did I?" Y/N asked softly.

   "No, no you didn't. Maybe next time," Laura said right before hanging up.

   Y/N sighed and put her head in her hands. Why couldn't she be the pirate? She wonders who took her spot. She can't handle the frustration, so the tears spill. Of all movies to not be in, of course this one had to be one.

   Y/N was really looking forward to spending time with Johnny. She tried to look at the bright side. Maybe she could be in a different movie with him. That could be a while though. She jumped when her phone rang. She saw it was Laura. She wondered why Laura would call again.

   "Yeah?" Y/N asked, trying not to sound like she'd been crying.

   "I was kidding honey. You got the role!" Laura laughed.

   Y/N didn't know if she should laugh or cry some more. She gets to work with Johnny Depp!

   "Are you serious Laura? I can't believe you! Why would you do that? I was upset for no reason," Y/N said.

   "Sorry, but I had to. You are now Lydia Black, Jack Sparrow's old friend. I'll get you your script tomorrow," Laura said.

   "Ah, thank you. Love you Laura!" Y/N said.

   "I know you do," Laura replied. With that, Y/N hung up. She did it! She has to call Johnny. First she has to tell her cat, Olive.

   Y/N ran to the living room. "Olive! Olive, come here!" She called. Her cat came running to her. Seeing her made Y/N even happier.

   "Hello. I'm gonna be a pirate, Olive!" Y/N said as she pet Olive.

   She grabs her phone and texts Johnny to call her when he's not busy. He immediately called her. Y/N was surprised he answered so fast, but she was actually glad he had time for her.

   Meanwhile, Johnny was beginning to worry that she didn't get it. He told them he wanted Y/N to be the pirate. He was relieved when she finally called.

"Johnny...hey," Y/N said. She decided to play the same trick Laura did.

"Y/N! Why...why do you sound disappointed? Is something wrong, love?" Johnny asked. He was trying to think about what could be wrong. Surely she got the part?

  "Well, I won't be able to film with you Johnny. I'm sorry," Y/N said, putting those acting skills to use. She feels a little bad, but she knows Johnny will find it funny.

   "No, no that can't be right. I told them you were the perfect one." Johnny was annoyed. He told them he might not do the movie if she wasn't in it. He had made his point very clear. He planned on calling them right after he finished talking to Y/N.

"You did? Oh Johnny...that's so kind. I appreciate it, I really do. There's always next time though, right?" Y/N said, wiping away a fake tear. She's secretly happy he thinks she's the perfect one.

"I guess so, but hang on. Let me call them. I can't believe you weren't casted," Johnny said.

"Alright, but before you go I must tell you something," Y/N said dramatically.

"Yes?" Johnny asked, a smile forming on his face.

"And you must not be upset with me..?"

"I'm listening, I'm listening."

"I got the role," Y/N whispered, trying very hard to conceal her laughter.

"You got the role? That's wonderfu– now wait a minute." Johnny was confused for a second before he realized.

Y/N bust out laughing. Johnny couldn't help but laugh with her. He can't believe he fell for that. Of course she got it. Who would dare defy Johnny Depp's decision?

   "That was amazing. You were impressive! Honestly, I was panicking a little bit," Johnny laughed.

   "Ah, sorry, manager did it to me. So I thought I should definitely do it to you. It was funny though," Y/N explained.

"Yeah I have to agree. That was good. We should celebrate!" Johnny was hoping she would agree.

"Take me to a cafe?" Y/N asked, holding her breath.

"Of course, love. Pick you up at 12:30?"

"Yes."

   They hang up and Y/N almost squealed in excitement. She gets to meet up with Johnny Depp.

   Johnny smiled. He gets to meet up with Y/N L/N.