Chapter 15

It was the day of the barbecue. Everyone had arrived and was out back. Y/N and Naomie were inside working on desserts. They were dipping cake pops. The brownies and cookies were already done, cooling. Johnny and Orlando were working on grilling hamburgers and hotdogs.

   Keira was outside with the other guests. Most of the cast had shown up. Some were busy, or just couldn't make it. Y/N hoped Keira left her alone.

   "What will you and Johnny do after the premiere?" Naomie asked, putting a cake pop in the stand.

   "I don't know. He's almost done with the Sweeney Todd movie. I'm not sure what he'll work on after that, but I do know he wants to do another one with me. Whatever we do will be fine with me," Y/N said as she dipped the last cake pop.

   "That's sweet. Do you know what you're wearing for the premiere?" Naomie set up the brownies and cookies.

Y/N set up the cake pops. "I'm wearing a dark blue dress.

"Ah, so you have a sense of style," she said. They laughed about that. Y/N walked outside to Johnny and Orlando. "Dessert's done. How're you two doing?" She asked.

   "They're ready," Johnny said.

   "We've got the buns, condiments, plates, napkins, drinks, chips. Food's ready!" Orlando said.

   Everyone lined up and filled their plates. "Dessert's inside," Y/N called. Naomie joined her in line. "Your and Johnny's matching suits are cute," she said.

   "Right? I told him they would be." They moved forward and got plates.

   "Did he get you that swimsuit?" Naomie asked. Y/N nodded. "It's cute."

   "Thanks. I like yours. It's such a pretty color." Naomie had on a dark green one piece. Y/N thought it looked good with her skin tone.

   Naomie thanked her and they got their burgers and chips. Some people are inside, some outside. Wherever there was room. Johnny and Orlando joined them on the steps on the deck.

"Has she bothered you yet?" Johnny asked before taking a bite of his hotdog.

"Nope," Y/N answered.

"Good."

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

   Almost everyone was back in the water. Y/N sat on the pool steps with Orlando. They were splashing water on each other. Geoffrey slowly came up behind him with ice cubes. He looked at Y/N and motioned for Orlando to stand up.

"Orlando stand up, there's a bug!" She shouted. She put on a scared face. She almost smiled when he shot up.

"Where? What is i–HOLY SH–" he yelled.

"BEEP," Y/N yelled and laughed at them. Geoffrey put the ice down Orlando's trunks. Orlando chased him around the pool. He eventually pushed him into the pool. Orlando came running back.

"Y/N, Y/N, Y/N. You were an accomplice." He reached down and picked her up. She squealed.

"Not the deep end!" Johnny yelled.

Orlando looked at him and said, "Sir, yes sir!" One! Two! Three!" He tossed her in. She was laughing when he threw her, so she barely had time to hold her breath. She came above water and was surprised to see Johnny coming after her.

"I'm ok Johnny," she assured him. He nodded. They swam around everybody, getting to the steps.

"Can you do any flips?" Orlando asked Y/N.

"Johnny taught me how to do a backflip," she said.

"Care to show us?"

"Um, let me go look and see how much confidence I have," she said as she got up. They laughed as she walked along the side to the deep end. She looked at Johnny.

He saw how uneasy she looked. "I'll swim out there and help you up?" He called. She thought about that for moment. She finally gave him a nod and turned around. She took a deep breath. She took a step back.

   Her nerves got the best of her. "I don't think I can do it, I'm sorry," she said.

   "Sure you can!" Keira said, suddenly shoving her. That caught Y/N off guard. She didn't have time to register what happened, so she wasn't able take a deep breath before falling beneath the surface.

   She panicked and flailed her arms around. In her panic, all of Johnny's teachings left her mind. Her head was starting to hurt. She automatically took a breath, not actually meaning to.

   Johnny stood, frozen, as Keira pushed Y/N. So many things were going through his head. "Y/N!" He yelled. The crowd parted like the Red Sea. He dived and opened his eyes. He saw her struggling to swim. He was scared as heck. He grabbed her and kicked off the bottom of the pool. He made sure her head broke through the surface first.

She gasped and coughed up water. Johnny pat her back. "Leave Keira! Get out of here!" He yelled. Y/N was gasping, trying to catch her breath. She held tight to Johnny.

"I-I didn't know she couldn't swim! I'm-I'm sorry!" Keira exclaimed.

"I've got you love," he whispered as Keira left. He stroked her hair and kissed her forehead. Y/N watched Keira leave. "She pushed me. Do I get to slap her?" Y/N asked.

"No no no, we're not slapping anybody. We've got to be civilized hosts," he whispered.

   They got out of the pool. Y/N sat on the steps and had a towel wrapped around her. Johnny sat behind her and had his arms wrapped around her.

   "I still wanna slap her. Or punch her," Y/N mumbled.

   "I know, I know. The premiere is too close. If you left any bruises, she might not cover them up, to let people see them. I don't want your reputation ruined. People might not listen to your side of the story. You know how people are. So one sided," Johnny said.

   He was looking out for her. Y/N turned around and kissed him on the cheek. "You're right. And honestly, the party was great minus Keira. I had a good time."

   "Me too, love."