Chapter 17

A few months later, Sweeney Todd was released. They went to the premiere and watched it, much to Johnny's dismay. He enjoyed it anyway, since he got to spend time with Y/N. She loved the movie.

Orlando had kept to his word. He really did text her random things everyday. Today he told her that turtles can breathe through their butts, and that he thought that was neat. He always brightened her day. But then again, her days were always bright with Johnny.

They had finalized the details of the vacation. They were landing in Paris now. They were planning on staying for a week. They had a lot of things planned.

They left the airport and got in a taxi. They were taken to their hotel so they could drop their luggage off. Today was sort of a rest day. They walked around the area the hotel was at. They went in shops and looked around. They ate dinner at a nice restaurant and then went back to the hotel.

   The next day, they were going to the Louvre museum. They road a bus this time. Johnny spoke French, so it was easier to get around. Many of the French people could speak English, but it was easier to let Johnny do the talking. Y/N found it very soothing to hear him speak French.

Right now she was listening to Johnny have a conversation with the bus driver. He looked over at her and said something in French. He and the driver chuckled. Y/N couldn't help but smile when she said, "What? What did you say?"

He put his hand over hers and said, "I said that I'm very lucky to have someone like you." A glint in his eyes told Y/N that that wasn't what he said. She smiled and kissed his cheek anyway. She'll find out what he said.

   The bus came to a stop. They exited and headed into the Louvre. They went through security. Once they were through, Johnny said, "I think I'm going to take a selfie with the Mona Lisa. What do you think?"

   "Uh if that's what you want, go for it," Y/N replied.

   They spent hours walking around and admiring the artwork. They always commented whether they liked or not. They tried to see who could guess the artist but that soon failed since they only knew a few: Leonardo Da Vinci, Picasso, and Michelangelo.

   Johnny took a selfie with the Mona Lisa like he said he would. Y/N laughed at him and pulled him to the next room. They stopped at a place to eat in the Louvre. Y/N finished first and asked, "So, what did you really say to the bus driver?"

   He leaned back and took a drink. "I told you. I told him I was lucky to have you," he said.

   "For some reason, I don't believe you." She leaned forward and clasped her hands on the table.

   "You don't believe I'm lucky to have you? Let me tell you. I am the luckiest man in the universe." Y/N couldn't hide her smile. "What? I am."

   She gave him a kiss on the cheek and said, "Yes, yes you are."

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

   They decided to go to the Eiffel Tower before it got too late. Johnny wanted to see the sunset from the tower. They were surprised there were elevators and restaurants in the tower.

   So there they were. Standing at the edge as the sun went down. Johnny looked at Y/N's blissful face. The beautiful hues of orange, pink, and yellow were nothing compared to her. He nervously grabbed a little box from his pocket. He had been so at ease earlier, but now that it's time, he's so, so nervous. It's now or never.

   He grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. He took a deep breath. "Y/N, I love you. I've wanted to do this for a long time." He got down on one knee.

   It took Y/N a moment to process what was going on. He held a black velvet box out. "Y/N L/N, you are the funniest, most stunning and unique woman I have ever met. I want to be with you for the rest my life. Will you marry me?" He opened the box to reveal a beautiful ring.

   Y/N put her hand over her mouth. She nodded and started crying. "Yes Johnny, yes. I will!" He slid the ring onto her finger. When he stood up, he wrapped his arms around her. Y/N hugged his waist tight.

   "That's what I told him," Johnny murmured.

   "Hm?" Y/N asked.

   "That's what I told the bus driver. I said 'I'm going to propose today. She'll never see it coming.' I was originally going to wait till the end of trip, but I just couldn't wait."

   "Oh my god I love you Johnny," she laughed.

   "I love you too," he whispered, and kissed her.