Chapter 21

It was the day after the wedding. Today is a beach day for everybody. Sandcastle-making kits were handed out to everybody, child or not. Surfboards and boogie boards were also handed out. It wasn't a problem since they didn't invite a huge amount of guests. Just some friends and family members.

Y/N and Johnny sat on their beach towels. They sat across from each other. She was putting sunscreen on his face.

"Hold still! Almost done," she said, rubbing some more on his nose.

"I don't need sunscreen. I'm not gonna burn," Johnny said.

"Yeah ok. That's what everyone says until they actually get burnt."

"Fine. I'll do it for you, love. Now come on. Let's go in the ocean!" He grabbed her hand and they ran into the ocean. It was cool against their skin. They went farther until the water was up to their waist.

They jumped as the waves crashed into them. Y/N held tight to Johnny's hand. She was a little scared of being pulled under.

"Are you comfortable with going a little farther out?" Johnny asked.

"Um, I guess so. Just don't let go," she answered.

They ventured a little farther out. Y/N had a great time jumping into the waves despite the constant fear of being dragged away. That was just the thrill of it she supposed.

Lunch time came around and there was a big barbecue. There were hamburger, hot dogs, many sides, and plenty of other options for pickier eaters.

After Johnny and Y/N were done eating, they went to go talk to their families. It was like they were joined at the hip. They never left each other's side. Y/N's family loved Johnny, and Johnny's family felt the same about Y/N.

Y/N got along really well with Johnny's sister, Christi. She told Y/N many funny stories about the two. Johnny would just laugh and own it.

Soon, it was announced that we were going tubing. Everyone walked out onto a boardwalk to a few boats. There were different tubes attached. Some were big enough to hold quite a few people, and others were smaller. Johnny had hired boat drivers for this. He'd also got him and Y/N goggles with hot pink around the rims.

They buckled their life vests and put the goggles one. Only, Y/N was a little hesitant. "Do I have to wear it?"

"Why wouldn't you want to?" Johnny asked.

"I'm gonna look like a dork," she laughed.

"Yes, you'll be a beautiful little dork," he said as he booped her nose. "And you don't want the water to sting your eyes." Y/N reluctantly put them on. Johnny insisted on getting a picture.

They got on a small one. Johnny helped Y/N onto it. As he got on, Y/N asked, "Is it really safe to go tubing in the ocean? Is there not a lake here where we could do it?"

"Ehh, I'm sure it's safe. Besides, there's lifeguards out on boats. No sharks will get to anyone." He smiled.

"Was that supposed to make me feel better?!"

"Absolutely love. Now hold on."

They were on the kind of tube where you were meant to lay on your stomach. The boat lurched forward. Y/N almost shrieked.

They started out slow. When the boat gradually moved faster, the waves got bigger. Y/N had a terrible time trying to hang on, but she was having fun. Johnny was beside her and reached over her for one of his handles. When she started to slip, Johnny held on.

The boat was going extremely fast now. They and the tube were flying. They were both screaming and yelling by now. Y/N finally fell off while they were airborne. Johnny noticed and let go to fall with her.

They were submerged and fought to stay afloat. Y/N was freaking out because she barely knew how to swim. Johnny grabbed her waist and she wrapped her legs around him.

"I've got you. I've got you. Look, they're turning back now," he murmured.

She nodded, but she still held onto him for dear life. The waves were rocky from the boat. She found it a little fun, but a little terrifying. Johnny tried to distract her.

"Look, you see my island?"

She turned around to look at it. "Yes?"

"It's yours too. What's mine is now yours. We can take vacations here. We can tan and relax, or we can do whatever we want." He kissed her cheek. "Ah, here they are."

The boat came to a stop near us. They swam to the back of it so they could get back on the tube. Y/N had already gotten on when Johnny said, "Hey, what if we tried to stand up and ride it?"

"And what, tie rope or two to the handles to hold onto?" Y/N asked. She realized that's exactly what Johnny wanted to do. The smirk said it all.

"That's exactly what I was thinking, love. You read my mind!" He laughed climbed onto the boat. Y/N shook her head, not knowing what to do about the situation she just dragged herself into.

He came back a moment later with a two rolls of thin rope. One rope tied onto a handle on one end and the other tied onto another handle on the other end. Y/N stood in front of Johnny. Or rather, she wobbled. She wrapped the ropes around her hands and held tight while Johnny did the same with the rest of the slack.

And they were off. Y/N found this more terrifying than being on her stomach, but it she was loving every bit of it. The tube would go flying in the air and they would fly off every time. They spent hours doing that. They eventually had to go back to the beach since the sun was beginning to set. They were almost there when...

Choose which path you
would like to go take
22a
or
22b

Also, go read weasleywife_69 's story. She started writing a Fred x Reader. If you're a fan of Fred, go read it or I will bust your kneecaps. Just kidding......kinda....