Epilogue 2

Y/N sat on the back porch in the swing, petting her rooster, Johnny. She had named him after Johnny: John Christopher Depp III. He gets called Big Booty Johnny since he's had a big but since he was a chick. The rooster absolutely loves Y/N. The other Johnny sometimes gets a little jealous. Only a little.

She was watching Johnny build chicken swings for them. They have thirteen, counting Johnny. The hens have names and color coded zip ties on their ankles to tell them apart. There's Anastasia, Anika (Ani), Becky, Morghan, Alexis, Claudio, Lydia, Vanya, Ursula, Aspen, Tara, and Alejandra.

Johnny was making a swing for each chicken. They didn't want them fighting over swings and hogging them. They're just like children, with their own personalities. Which is perfect, since the couple hadn't wanted actual children.

He was finishing up the last one when the rooster jumped out of her lap and charged at Johnny. For a moment, Y/N was concerned, but rooster Johnny only wanted to watch human Johnny make the swing. She left the swing on the porch to watch him too. She had to shoo Morghan away from her flowers. Morghan was always trying to eat them.

Some of the chickens were sitting on the finished swings. The others were busy being nosy, watching Johnny's every move. Y/N crouched down and pet Ani.

Johnny leaned back and said, "There. How do they look, love?"

"They look great! I think they love them," Y/N answered.

They went back to the porch and sat on the swing. Y/N leaned her head on Johnny's shoulder before addressing him. "Johnny?"

"Hm?"

"Can we get ducks?"

He laughed. "Ducks? That's a nice idea."

She swiftly raised her head. "So that's a yes?"

His smile was the only answer she needed. He put his arm around her and they sat there until dusk while they thought of the future. They have all they've ever wanted. And they'll live happily ever after.