Chapter 12

Y/N led Johnny to her room. It was clean now. She flipped the light switch so he could see. "There's my bed..dressers...piano.."

"Piano? You play?" Johnny asked.

She nodded. "I do. You're going to ask me to play you something, aren't you?"

He smiled. "Maybe. But will you, though? And sing for me, while you're at it?"

"We were just singing two minutes ago!" Y/N laughed. She can't believe him.

"I know I know. I just want to hear it again."

"I-I might." She doesn't know why she's so nervous now. She was fine a little bit ago! She sat at the piano. She didn't know what song to play, so she played the first that came to mind: Für Elise.

   She closed her eyes as her fingers glided over the keys. She's played this hundreds of times. As she played the last note, she opened her eyes and saw Johnny looking in awe.

   "That was beautiful, but you know what would've made it better?" He asked.

   Y/N sighed. "If I sang?"

   "Bingo." He realizes it sounds like he's pressuring her to do it. "Wait hang on. If you would rather not, that's fine. Sorry I don't mean to pressure you to or anything."

   She gave a light laugh. "Uhh let me think. Ehm..oh I've got one." She took a deep breath.

   She started playing Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls. She looked at Johnny and smiled. She looked back to the keys.

   "And I'd give up forever to touch you," she sang. "Cause I know that you feel me somehow."

   Johnny grinned as he listens to her sing and play the piano. He's so mesmerized. She sounds beautiful. She plays beautifully. She is beautiful.

   When Y/N got to the chorus, Johnny was amazed. Her voice was so soothing. He sat down crisscrossed and looked up at her. Olive hopped in his lap.

   "She's wonderful, isn't she?" He whispered to her.

   Y/N finished and looked at Johnny. He had a big grin on his face. "I loved it," he said. He clapped for her.

   "Ah, thank you. Thank you very much." She stood and gave him a bow. "Do you play?" She asked.

   "Yes but not like you. Guitar is more of my thing," he replied. He would love to play with her. There is one duet who knows of, but he's a bit rusty.

   "Are there any songs you know?" Y/N asked.

   "Well...I do know the piano duet from Corpse Bride," he said. "It's been a while though."

   Y/N put a hand over her mouth. "No way. I know it too! I play it all the time. Play it with me!" She scooted over on the bench. Maybe there won't be enough room. "I can go get a chair if you want," she said.

   "No I think we can squeeze in," Johnny said. He carefully sat next to her, trying not to take up too much room. He shook his hands and said, "Oh man, what if I mess you up?"

   "You won't mess me up. Even if you do, we can just start over," Y/N reassured him. He nodded.

   She started playing her part. Johnny joined in. He messed up the last part though. "Dang it. Sorry," he said.

   "That's all right. We'll start again."

   They were at at for an hour. They both messed up. Partly because they were getting used to playing with each other, and partly because they were nervous around each other. Johnny couldn't quite grasp his last notes.

   "Here, let me show you," Y/N said. She slowly played the notes. Then Johnny repeated them. She did it again, and he repeated. They went through the whole song one last time. They did it without messing up.

   "We did it!" Y/N laughed. She held her hand up for a high-five.

   "Yes!" He high-fived her. "That was fun. We're going to be tired in the morning." He pointed at her clock. It was one in the morning.

   "Uh oh," Y/N said

   "Uh oh is right."

   "Are you going to leave or do you want to just sleep in the spare room?" She asked.

   "I-I don't wanna bother you," Johnny said. "And I don't have clothes. Unless we can throw what I'm wearing in the washer?"

   "Yeah we can do that. Although...I'm not sure what you'd wear to bed."

   "An old T-shirt and some shorty shorts would work," Johnny smiled.

   Y/N laughed. "You–Wh–I-" She couldn't stop laughing. "I–I can do that." She put a hand on her chest. "Wow. Ok."

   Johnny was laughing too. "Is the washer down stairs?" He asked.

   She nodded. "Yeah but I got it." She grabbed a shirt and 'shorty shorts' as requested. "I hope they fit you," she said.

   "If I stretch them out, I'll buy you more," Johnny promised.

   "You don't need to do that. They're old, so it's fine." Y/N shook her head.

   She left the room so Johnny could change. She stuck her arm in there after a couple minutes to wash his clothes. Her stomach was hurting from laughing so much. She'll just die if she sees him. Instead, Johnny opened the door all the way, so she saw him anyway.

   She took the clothes and laughed. She laughed the whole time, while she went downstairs and started the washer. She felt embarrassed but it was hilarious.

   She went back upstairs and showed Johnny the spare bedroom. "Are you laughing at me?" He joked.

   Y/N doubled over and held her stomach. "Stop making me laugh! It hurts!" She laughed.

   "Ehe, sorry." He climbed into the bed. "Do I get a bedtime story?"

   "No."

   "Oof. But thank you Y/N. Thank you," he said. He appreciates her letting him stay.

   "You're welcome." She didn't mind.

   Johnny knew it was now or never. "Y/N, whatever your answer is, it'll be fine. Will you..Will you be my girlfriend?"

  "Yes now go to sleep." She shut the light off and closed the door a little. She smiled. She's now dating Johnny!

   Johnny rolled over. He was so happy. He's now dating Y/N!