Chapter 14

Months went by, and the filming was done. Y/N and Johnny had gone on many dates, kissed a few times. She eventually opened up about Michelle. He didn't judge her and he comforted her the best he could.

   The others eventually found out about their relationship. And of course, everyone but Keira supported. Y/N didn't care what Keira thought. She had not said a word to Keira unless she had to. The premiere was coming up. She really had no desire to go, but what the heck.

She was currently at Johnny's place. They had been talking about the premiere. Now he was trying to convince her to go swimming with him.

"It's not cold, I promise. I'll teach you how to do a backflip!" Johnny pleaded. "I won't dunk you, promise." He held out his pinky.

"Johnny that's–that's not it. I can't...I can't swim." She hung her head, slightly embarrassed. All these months, and it's never come up.

"Oh. I can teach you!" He said. He grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze.

   "I don't have a bathing suit to wear."

"Then we'll go get one," he smiled.

And that's what they did. Johnny bought her a royal purple bikini. He convinced Y/N to let him get her a black coverup. She had tried on a few bikinis before picking the purple one. She let Johnny judge. She bet he enjoyed it.

"Now you have to get yourself some new trunks," Y/N said, carrying the suit and coverup.

"Nah I've got a couple pairs," he laughed.

"But you could get purple ones to match me," she said. "It would be cute."

"Sigh."

"Did you just say sigh?" She laughed. "Does that mean you're doing it?"

Johnny got himself black swim trunks with purple flames. They didn't have all purple trunks, unfortunately. But they were satisfied with their purchases. They went back to Johnny's and put on their swimsuits.

"What does the coverup look like with it?" Johnny asked.

Y/N put it on and gave him a twirl. "Aw you look so cute, love," he said. She smiled and took the coverup off. She folded it and set it on the counter. "You still promise not to dunk me?" She asked, holding out her pinky. Johnny wrapped his pinky hers. "I promise."

They went out back to the pool. It was a long in ground pool, about fifty feet long. Y/N had a feeling the far end would be really deep. She turned to Johnny and asked, "How deep is each end?"

"The shallow end here is four feet and the deep end is seven feet," he pointed to each.

"Seven feet? Well, at least it's not ten." She walked to the end in peered down at it. She shuddered and walked back.

"Don't worry, we'll stay on the shallow end," he assured her. He walked down the steps into the pool. He held out his hand for her. She took it and slowly walked down.

"It's the deep end that scares me. Right here is fine. I can touch here," Y/N explained.

   "Ok. I'm going to teach you the front stroke, backstroke, and breaststroke. I'll start with front stroke," Johnny said.

   He demonstrated by swimming to the end and back. After teaching her how to do it for a while, she was starting to get the hang of it. She was still nervous about the deep end though.

   "Do you think you can swim halfway out there doing that?" Johnny asked. "I'll swim right beside you."

   She didn't do terrible. They spent a while practicing. Once Johnny was satisfied with his teaching, he offered her a piggyback ride. She accepted.

   "Don't go in the deep end," Y/N demanded. "Please."

   "What? Come on, I've got you."

   She tightened her grip on him. "Please don't let go," she said softly. He rubbed her thigh with his thumb. "I won't. I've got you. Don't be afraid." He didn't go all the way to the end. He wasn't exactly tall, and he didn't want to scare Y/N.

   He went back to the shallow end. He turned his head so she could see part of his face. He had an evil grin on his face, from what she could see. "I promised I wouldn't dunk you," he said. "But...You didn't say anything about throwing you!"

He tossed Y/N near the deep end. She plugged her nose and screamed. She could touch here, but she wanted to scare Johnny. To get back at him for throwing here so close to the deep end. She could have drowned, probably not, but definitely a possibility.

Johnny waited for her to come up. He made sure not to throw her too far. He didn't...right? "Y/N?" He swam a little bit. He ran his hand through his hair. He screwed up. "Y/N!" He yelled. He dived after her.

Y/N was starting to scare herself. When strong arms wrapped around her, she wasn't scared anymore. She gasped for air when they broke through the surface. She giggled when she saw Johnny's face. "That's what you get for throwing me," she said.

He hugged her. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I love you, I'm sorry," he said softly. Y/N ran her fingers through his hair, making it spiky.

"Look at me," she whispered. When he didn't, she said, "I'm not mad Johnny. It was a little fun. Now that I know the basics..."

Then he looked at her. A wave of relief crashed over him. He regretted it. He shouldn't have thrown her. But she found it fun, so he felt a little better. He waited for her to finish her sentence.

"...we should invite people over before the premiere for a barbecue and pool party. How does that sound? Make it up to me?"

   He kissed her and said, "Of course. That would be fun. Is Keira invited?"

   "Well, it's your party."

   "Yeah but it was your idea. And if my girlfriend doesn't want someone to come, I won't invite them."

   "Thank you, but I will be the better person and invite her. As long as she leaves me alone, all will end well." She didn't really want Keira there, but oh well.

   "All right. I can arrange that. Now, you still wanna learn how to do a backflip?" Johnny smiled. He wiggled his eyebrows at her.

   She laughed. "You're such a dork!" But he's her dork. And she wouldn't want it any other way.

   He smiled. He's her dork. And he wouldn't want it any other way.