Chapter 8

*Trigger warning*

Johnny sat in the makeup department. While he was waiting for his makeup to be done, he thought about last night's events. He left Y/N a note, telling her he carried her to her room. He apologized for going in there, hoping she would understand.

   Y/N hadn't arrived yet. At least, he hasn't seen her yet. He glanced around the room to check. Nope, just him and Keira. He used to not mind Keira, but her attitude toward Y/N changed his opinion of her.

   "Why don't you talk to me anymore Johnny?" Keira asked.

   "I don't know...I just don't have anything to say." That was the truth. He didn't have anything to say anymore.

   "Come on Robert," Keira said. She turned around, hoping he'd say something.

   "You have no right to call me that," he said.

Silence filled the room. He waited for her response. He smiled. He won.

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

   The first thing Y/N noticed when she woke up was the note on her nightstand. She sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she remembered last night. So she did fall asleep. Did..did Johnny carry her up here? She smiled at the thought. She took the note and read it.

   Y/N,

   You fell asleep love. I didn't want to leave you on the couch, so I carried you to your room. I know you said not to go in there, and I apologize. I went in there. Don't worry, I didn't see anything you didn't want me to see. It was dark. I'll see you at the set love.

   Love,
   Robert

   Y/N laid back and laughed. He carried her! And called himself Robert! Oh no did he see her laundry? She looked at the end of the bed, but saw the clothes on her dresser. He must have seen them to move them. But was dark right?

   She hoped he didn't see or feel what they were. It's embarrassing to think he saw her bras. Other clothes were on top of them though? Maybe?

   Y/N shook her head. She's overthinking this. She looked at the time and realized she needed to get ready to leave.

As she was getting ready, she got a call from an unknown number. It could have been anybody from the set, so she answered it.

"Hello?"

"Y/N?" A man's voice asked.

"That's me."

"It's Gore. You know the opening scene we scrapped?"

"Oh hey. And yeah, what about it?" Y/N wondered why he would bring it up.

"Yeah...we changed our minds again. Hurry up and get here so you can sing for us."

"Wait really? I'm on my way!" Y/N nearly shouted. She hung up and ran down the stairs, almost tripping over Olive.

"I'm so sorry baby! I gotta go! I love you," she said to her cat. She grabbed a pop tart and a bottle of water. She doesn't like the idea of having to eat while driving, but she didn't want to be late.

She was almost to the set when it happened. A car swerved out in front of her. For a split second her mind was in the past. She's been here before. Except the first time, she was in the passenger seat.

She turned off the road, but the car still hit her. Her car spun around a couple times before coming to a stop.

Her hands trembled. She couldn't unbuckle, her hands were shaking so much. She couldn't breathe. She could inhale, but she couldn't exhale. She started rocking back and forth. The tears poured out. All she could think about was the accident. About Michelle.

She fumbled with the buckle. She yanked on it. Her breathing was getting shallower. She couldn't stop the memories flooding her head. She shouldn't have let Michelle drive. She shouldn't have done it.

"Come on Y/N, please? I didn't get my license for nothing," Michelle begged. She was trying to steal the keys from Y/N.
"No way! You're a terrible driver! You barely passed! You need more practice," Y/N said. She didn't like driving, and Michelle was a crazy driver. Her recklessness scared Y/N sometimes.
"But I'm your best friend. That must mean something, right?" She laughed. Y/N smiled. She would let Michelle drive just this once. She tossed her the keys.
"Wait really? I love you!" Michelle hugged Y/N.
"Yeah yeah, just be careful with my car. And for the love of God, please put your seatbelt on!"
The other car came out of no where. Michelle wasn't prepared. She turned the wheel left, then right, then left again. She didn't know where to go.
Michelle didn't buckle like Y/N told her to. Y/N watched in horror as her best friend went flying out the windshield. All she could do was watch her body bend in unnatural ways. She screamed. And screamed.
The ambulance eventually arrived, but it was too late. Oh, so late. The EMTs kept asking if she was hurt, why she was screaming. But they didn't know. They didn't how much she hated herself for letting Michelle drive. How she wished she trusted her gut. How she wished she had driven instead.
Now her best friend is gone. Because of her.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," Y/N whimpered, over and over again. She couldn't get Michelle out of her head. Usually she can lie to herself, tell herself it was ok, that it was accident.

This time, all those bottled up feelings came pouring out. The bottle overflowed. She kept whimpering those words. She didn't stop even when someone opened the car door.

Johnny saw the accident from the building. Naomie had pointed out Y/N's car, so he, Naomie, Orlando, and Gore came running. They watched the other car pull out. They all yelled when her car spun. Johnny ran. He needed to know if she was ok.

He opened her door and was in shock. The picture before him made his heart break. He grabbed her hands and whispered, "Shh it's ok love. Why are you sorry? Are you hurt? Are you all right?"

Y/N couldn't process what was going on. She knew it was Johnny before her, but she was stuck on Michelle. She only cried harder.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry Michelle, I'm sorry," she whispered.

Johnny felt close to tears. Why is she so distraught? How can he help her? Who is Michelle?

He unbuckled her and said, "Hey, Y/N, look at me." He rubbed her arm. "Look at me love. Can you stand? Do you think you can make it to the set, just over there?"

"It's all my fault..is all my fault..."