Chapter 7

Y/N sat in her car, watching Johnny pull up behind her. The butterflies were wild. She invited Johnny Depp to her house! Well, kind of.

   They got out of their cars and went to the front door. Y/N's hands shook slightly as she put the key in the lock. She hoped her house wasn't too messy.

   "Do I get to meet your cat?" Johnny asked as they went inside.

   "Of course you do," Y/N said. She led him to the living room. Olive was usually in there, curled up on the couch.

   And there she was. Olive looked up when she heard Y/N and Johnny. She sat up and meowed. Y/N, the spoiling mother she is, instantly ran over and showered Olive with her love.

   "I missed you Olive. Look, I brought a friend," she said as she pet Olive. Johnny moved forward a little. He put his hand out hesitantly.

   Y/N grabbed it and held his hand up to Olive. "He's a nice guy Olive. He won't hurt you," she said, letting Olive sniff his hand. Y/N loved seeing her nose wrinkle.

   Johnny watched the way Y/N treated her cat. He absolutely adored it. And her holding his hand, he tried not to smile, he really did, but he had a big goofy grin on his face.

   Y/N looked up at him. "What?" She laughed.

   "N-Nothing. I just like your cat. She's pretty cute. Wait, he or she?" Johnny desperately wanted to change the subject.

   "She."

   Johnny nodded. He gasped when Olive rubbed her head against his hand. It made him happy knowing Y/N's cat trusts him.

"Aw, she likes you," Y/N smiled. She looked in a drawer, looking for Coraline. She found it and pulled it out. She turned to tell Johnny she found it, but saw him holding a purring Olive.

"Wow I guess she really likes you," she laughed.

"Hehe, I guess so. It is ok if I hold her, right?" Johnny asked. He realized he probably should have asked.

"Oh, no that's fine. I hold her all the time." Y/N walked up to them and pet Olive. She glanced up at Johnny and saw him looking at her. She blushed and looked away.

Johnny was embarrassed Y/N caught him looking at her. He looked away too. He tried to think of something to say, but his mind went blank.

Y/N tried to think of something to say. Anything to get rid of the awkwardness. "Do you...um...do you want a tour of.."

Yes. Yes please."

So Y/N showed him downstairs and then upstairs. She pointed out her fancy black staircase. It was one of her favorite things in the house. Her bedroom was number one, of course.

She had also pointed out all her plants. She even told him their names. Katrina the cactus was the newest one. Johnny was going to touch her before Y/N smacked his hand.

Johnny had carried Olive throughout the house with them. Y/N found it very amusing. When they got to her bedroom she looked in there and saw the laundry she never put away on her bed. She shut the door before Johnny could look.

"This is my bedroom. Not gonna show you it today. Maybe next time."

"Whaaat. Not even a peek?"

"Nope."

"That's ok. I respect that."

Olive meowed and jumped out of his arms. He frowned and said, "No don't leave me kitty!"

"Let's watch "my namesake" before it gets any later. I like my sleep, you know."

"You're right, you're right."

They went back to the living room. Johnny sat on the couch while Y/N put the disk in the DVD player. She sat next to Johnny. Not too close, but close enough.

   Johnny was tempted to put his arm around her, but it's only been a few weeks. Even holding her hand was tempting. He didn't give in.

   The movie started. Soon, Olive came running in. She hopped up on Y/N's lap. "C'mere kitty," Johnny said, patting his lap.

   Olive looked at him before plopping down. Y/N laughed at Johnny. About halfway through the movie, Y/N realized she wanted popcorn. She was too sidetracked before.

   "Do you want some popcorn? I'm going to make some," Y/N said. She carefully picked Olive up. She stood and gently placed her on her seat.

  "Yes please," Johnny said.

   "I'll be right back," she placed a kiss on Olive's head.

   Y/N went to the kitchen and put a bag of popcorn in the microwave. She walked back and leaned against the couch as she waited. When the microwave dinged, she poured it into a big bowl. She thought about using two different bowls, but decided against it. She didn't think Johnny would mind. She hurried back, but saw her seat was empty. Olive was on Johnny's lap.

   "Aw you traitor," she whispered to Olive. Johnny just laughed. This time Y/N sat right next to him, their legs touching. She put the bowl between them, making sure Olive had enough room.

   Johnny felt a little bad for stealing her cat, but now that Y/N is right next to him, the guilt disappears. He takes a handful of popcorn. "Thanks," he said.

   They watched the movie, making comments whenever. Olive eventually moved back to Y/N's lap. Y/N's eyelids were heavy. It was late, and she had gotten up early. All she wanted to do was lay her head on Johnny's shoulder. She lost the battle and laid her head on his shoulder. One moment she was matching the movie, the next she wasn't.

   When the credits started, Johnny carefully put the popcorn bowl on the coffee table. Olive got up and stretched. It was as if she read his mind as she ran off. He carefully and gently picked Y/N up. He knew she was asleep as soon as her breathing slowed. He carried her bridal style up the stairs, making sure he didn't hit her head against the wall.

   He opened the door and pushed it open. He was about to put Y/N on her bed, but he froze, remembering he wasn't supposed to go in her room. Oh well. It's dark, he doesn't see anything.

   He laid her on the bed and tucked her in. He tucked the blanket in the sides of the bed. When he reached the end of the bed, he saw clothes. He picked them up and placed them on top of a dresser. He was about to leave the room when he looked at the clothes again and realized what she didn't want him to see. Oops. It was dark.. he didn't see anything.

   Johnny went to Y/N's side. He smoothed her hair away from her forehead and kissed it. "Goodnight love," he whispered.