Chapter 22b

They were almost there when their tube started going flat. Johnny called out to the driver to make him stop. They got on the boat and pulled the tube in. Something must have made a tear one of the times they fell off.

They got to the boardwalk where the other boats were arriving. They got off and left the tube on the boat. They would deal with it in the morning. A seafood bar was set up for dinner. There were other options for people who disliked seafood. Y/N and Johnny sat at a table by themselves.

"I can't wait for our honeymoon," Johnny said.

"I'm a little nervous. Why did you want to plan it by yourself?" Y/N asked.

"You planned a lot of the wedding and I'm sure you'd be relieved to go on a vacation someone else planned. I thought maybe you could relax a little." He rubbed her shoulders.

"You're so thoughtful. And thank you. I guess it would be sort of relaxing. Can I have a hint of where we're going?" She leaned forward.

"Hmm. I guess you can have one. It's somewhere in Europe."

Her jaw dropped. "We're going to Europe? That's amazing! Are we going back to Paris? Or maybe going to London?"

"Ah ah ah, no more hints. It'll be a surprise." He put an arm around her and kissed her forehead.

"I love you," he whispered, with a smile on his face.

"I love you too."