Chapter 11

For some reason I just feel the need to say this. Don't sue me for using Taylor Swift's songs please. If you aren't a fan (ahem, lookin at a certain someone), apologies. Also I put the two main ones in there if you wanted to listen to them. (aHeM you should because Taylor Swift is amazing)

   Johnny took Y/N to get ice cream. She kept declining, saying she wasn't hungry. He kept insisting, that after today, she deserved it.

He took her into an ice cream parlor. There were a lot of people. They kept their heads down and went up to the counter.

"What flavor do you want?" Johnny asked.

"I don't want any Johnny." Y/N felt bad. She didn't want him spending money on her.

"Do I need to pick for you?" He joked.

"...Strawberry," she sighed.

He smiled. Y/N looked around the room. There were a few people looking at them, so she turned back to Johnny.

"Can we uh, hurry this up?" She whispered. She wasn't really in the mood to sign autographs. Johnny understood as he looked around. He nodded.

They were handed their ice cream. Johnny paid and Y/N was tempted to pay the employee twenty bucks to call him Robert. People had crowded around them now, whispering and murmuring. Wondering if that was Johnny Depp and Y/N L/N.

Johnny put his arm around her waist and guided her to the door. He didn't think she wanted any unwanted attention. He leaned his head and whispered, "We might be lucky and get out of this alive."

Y/N laughed. Thankfully, they got out of there without being bothered. They were driving along, eating their ice cream. She was trying not to think about the accident.

Johnny noticed her fidgeting with her hands. He turned the radio up. "What do you like to listen to, love?"

"Well, I like Taylor Swi–" Her favorite song came on. She started singing along.

"I was ridin' shotgun with my hair undone in the front seat of his car."

"You like Taylor Swift? Me too!" Johnny said.

"He's got a one-hand feel on the steering wheel. The other on my heEeAaAart. I look around, turn the radio down he says–"

"Baby is something wrong?" Johnny finished.

"I say 'Nothin', I was just thinkin' how we don't have a sooong'."

"And he says."

They looked at each and smiled before singing the chorus.

"Our song is the slamming screen doOoOr! Sneakin' out late tapping on your windoOow! When we're on the phone and you talk reeaal slow. Cause it's late AND YOUR MAMA DON'T KNOW. OUR SONG IS THE WAY YOU LAUGH."

They sang and yelled to a lot of songs. As they pulled into the driveway, they were both sad. They wanted to keep singing.

"Do I have to go?" Y/N asked as Johnny opened the door.

"Yes, I'm afraid you do." He took her hand and helped her out of the car. Y/N held onto his hand. She gazed into his eyes. "Will..will you stay? Just a little bit?" She whispered.

   Johnny tucked her hair behind her ear. He wanted to kiss her, but he'll wait. "Yes. Yes I'll stay. Are we going to listen to uh, more Taylor Swift?" He whispered.

   She nodded. She took him inside. They pet Olive cooed sweet things to her. Y/N kissed the top of her head before going into the living room. She got on her phone and went to iTunes. She went to Taylor Swift's debut album. She hoped she would continue making music.

Johnny looked over her shoulder while holding Olive. "Whatcha doin?" He put his chin on her shoulder.

   "Putting on Taylor Swift of course," Y/N said. She showed him her phone. He started giggling, which made her giggle.

  "What's so funny?" She laughed. He shook his head and said, "I don't know, sorry." He put Olive down and put his chin back on her shoulder.

   The first song that came on was Picture To Burn. "Wait!" Johnny ran to the kitchen. He came back with a big wooden spoon and a whisk. Y/N laughed when he handed her the spoon.

   They hopped up on the couch. Johnny started singing first. "State the obvious. I didn't get my perfect fantasy. I realize you love yourself more than you could ever love meEe."

   "So go and tell your friends that I'm obsessive and crazy. That's fine you won't mind if I saAay, by the way," Y/N sang into her spoon.

   "I HATE THAT STUPID OLD PICKUP TRUCK YOU NEVER LET ME DRIVE. YOU'RE A RED NECK HEARTBREAKER WHO'S REALLY BAD AT LYING. SO WATCH ME STRIKE I MATCH ON ALL MY WATER TIME." They stated dancing as they sang. "AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED YOU'RE JUST ANOTHER PICTURE TO BURN."

   They danced and sang for a couple hours. Their favorites were Our Song, Mary's Song (Oh My My My), Picture To Burn, and Stay Beautiful.

   They were sitting on the couch now. Johnny wanted to ask her out, to be his girlfriend, but he was nervous. What if she said no? What if she finds him weird or something? He thinks he loves her.

   "Y/N?" He asked.

   "Yes?"

   "W-Will..will you," he tried, "..will you...show me your room now?" He was disappointed in himself. Why couldn't he do it?

   "Of course."