The Perks Of Not Being A Wallflower

Jo awoke with her head pounding. Every since her encounter with the Platinum Kryptonite, Jo had been experiencing side affects. Her father informed her that would happen until her powers kicked in...the powers they still hadn't told her brothers about.

"Morning," Lois smiled at her daughter.

Jo only nodded, as she still wasn't ready to talk to her mother. No matter what apology she tried to pull together, it wasn't enough for Jo.

"So what paint should we paint the wall?" Lois looked at her daughter.

"The darkest possible color, these bright colors hurt my head," Jo groaned as she walked towards the kitchen.

"Can't we just pick something, mom?" Jordan asked.

"We are putting a stamp on this house...this is an important decision," Lois snapped.

"Then pick something,"

"I like this one," Clark pointed to a color.

"Anything, but that,"

Jo rolled her eyes at her families indecisiveness. After grabbing a cup of water, she made her way back towards everyone. They apparently went from painting the wall, to painting each other. Jo smiled at her family, until she began to head a variety of noises in her ears.

"Ah!" Jo yelled, as she dropped to the floor, covering her ears.

"Jo!" Clark rushed over towards his daughter "hey, what's wrong?"

"Make it stop!"

"Mom, what's wrong with her?" Jon panicked.

Lois didn't answer, as she quickly ran to her room to grab a pair of noise canceling headphones. She always had a pair for flights or road-trips.

"Here," Lois slid the headphones over her daughters ears.

Jo calmed down, as she could no longer hear the world around her. Moving away from her father, Jo sat up and held her head.

"Can someone explain what just happened?" Jordan asked.

Before Clark got a chance to explain, he was rushing out of the house. His own super hearing kicked in and he knew someone needed his help.

"Mom...explanation?" Jon questioned.

"Not right now," Lois walked over towards Jo and helped her to the table.

Jo starred down at the tables, contemplating whether she should take off the headphones. She wanted to, to see what would happen, but she figured she should wait for her father to get home.

——————-

"So you can hear every sound in the world?" Jordan asked Clark.

"I hear all the fluctuations taking place," Clark explained.

Jo only looked between everyone trying to read their lips. Eventually, she had enough and ripped off the headphone. Clark's eyes widened, as he rushed to her side.

"Oh yeah...is anyone going to explain this?" Jon asked.

The pain being too much, Jo slipped the headphone back on. After doing so, Clark looked ta the boys.

"The other night, your sister didn't have a seizure...she was exposed to Platinum Kryptonite," Clark said.

"What is that?" Jon asked.

"It's like Kryptonite, only much stronger and it's the rarest of Kryptonite,"

"Okay, so what did it do to her?"