Breach

"This is absolutely insane," Jo sighed, as she sat down at the dining table "dads nowhere to be found,"

"We'll find him, okay?" Lois sat down across from her daughter "I'm gonna talk with John Henry later,"

"Does he even give a shit?"

"You don't need to be worrying about this...Let's focus on other things,"

"If you'd just let-"

"No, I can't lose you too," Lois looked down at her hands "I'm sorry for all the fighting lately, I don't want us to hate each other,"

"I don't hate you, I'm jus-" A knock at the door cut of Jo.

Both Jo and Lois jumped up and ran towards the door. Swinging it open, they were only met with a delivery guy.

"Package for Josie Kent," The man said.

"That's me," Jo grabbed the package and closed the door.

Walking back towards the table, she set the package down and took a seat. Her mother also did so, right after grabbing her laptop.

"What's in the box?" Lois asked.

"I don't know, didn't order anything," Jo opened the box, pulling out another smaller, fancier box.

"Secret lover?" Lois smirked.

"No..." Jo flipped the box over, revealing a card tucked under the flap.

"Are you sure?" Lois smiled, as she quickly snatched the card.

"It might be Corey or Ta-"

"Sorry to hear about your suit? I know from experience that Lois can overreact...Morgan Edge?" Lois quickly stood up and looked at her daughter.

Jo furrowed her eyebrows, until she remembered them talking a few days ago. Standing up too, Jo tried walking towards her mother. Lois quickly pulled away and stared at her daughter with anger.

"I ran into him on the street and we just talked," Jo sighed.

"He's a killer...a psycho!" Lois yelled "we had been trying to find him and you ran into him?"

"Mom, I-"

"No...no, no, no! What could you possibly have talked to him about that you didn't find important enough to mention!" Lois shook her head "oh wait...apparently your powers!"

"You know what, fine! I accidentally used my powers in front of him and that started the conversation!" Jo put her hand on her forehead "you know he's a pretty cool guy when you talk to him, you know if he wasn't trying to kill the world...he's make a great uncle,"

"Don't you dare say that...now what's in the box? A suit or something to kill us all?" Lois walked over to the box and ripped it open.

The only thing inside the box was a silver bracelet, which Jo quickly grabbed. On the front of the bracelet was the Rho family crest. She wasn't sure what this had to do with the suit, but she didn't want her mother taking it, it was sent to her after all.

"Give me that!" Lois yelled.

"Mom, stop!" Jo yelled back, as she backed away from her mother.

"You don't know what that thing is!"

"It's a bracelet! Oh my god, it's like you never want me to have anything nice," Jo scoffed.

"Oh now we're onto a new argument?"

"You know what, yeah. Every nice thing that comes into my life, you grab onto and crush...the training, the suit, this bracelet apparently. I swear it's like you don't want me to be happy or something...it's like your taking some pent up anger out on me,"