Haywire

Jo sat in her room, listening to the world around her. She had been avoiding her family...or more like Jordan. Ever since it was clear that Jos powers were getting better, he became distant and angry.

"Jo, we're leaving. Come on," Jordan snapped, as he walked past her room.

"Jordan, wait!" Jo yelled.

Jordan sighed, as he turned back towards her room. Walking in, he looked at his sister, who was climbing off her bed.

"I know you're mad at me, but can you tell me why?" Jo asked, just before she got up.

"Come on Jo, can you really not see it?" Jordan asked.

"No,"

"I got powers and dad finally started hanging out with me more and I finally felt special. And then you supposedly got powers, which your really good with, and that's all he's been focusing on. The last time he took me to the fortress, he wouldn't stop talking to grandpa about you,"

Jo looked down, guilt spreading across her face. This was the same guilt she get when she learned that Jordan also liked Sarah. Knowing she needed to fix things, she looked up at Jordan.

"I-I was gonna actually tell dad first, but since you're here...my powers basically stopped working, last night," Jo lied.

"What?" Jordan's expression changed.

"Yeah, yeah I don't know what happened. One moment I was listen to the world and the next it was gone. Also I've been having problems with my leg again," Jo grabbed her crutch and got up.

"So they were temporary powers then?"

"I guess so," Jo gava a fake smile.

Jordan's face seemingly brightened up, as he walked out of Jos room. He didn't care to make sure if Jo was okay, which hurt her even more.

"Hey honey...you okay?" Lois asked, as she saw her daughter with her crutch.

"Um...I don't think I have powers anymore,"

————————-

Jo sat next to her grandpa, watching the boys' football game. Her father said they would try and figure out the power situation afterwards. This luckily gave Jo some time to come up with a plan.

"You okay, kid?" Sam asked, looking at his granddaughter.

"I'm fine...I might be better if we went to get a slushy," Jo smiled at her grandpa.

Sam chuckled, as he stood up and began walking towards the concession stand. Jo followed closely behind him.

"So there's this internship at the D.O.D. There's a requirement to be at least eighteen, but I think I can get you in," Sam said, as they grabbed their drinks.

"What would I be doing?" Jo asked.

"Research on criminals, so we can find them,"

"Sounds like fun," Jo walked over to a bench and took a seat.

"We just have to get your parents to agree to it," Sam sat down next to Jo.

"Or we just don't tell them,"

"Now that's-"

"Jo! We're going to the diner, you coming?" Jon yelled from afar.

Jo looked at her brothers and then back at her grandpa. He smiled and nodded his head.

"Go have fun," Sam smiled.

——————

Jo sat next to Tag at the diner. The two hadn't talked since the other night and Jo was worried that things were messed up.