All Is Lost

Jo sat on the roof of the house, watching the sky. She not only hoped her father was doing okay, but she also hoped that Ally wouldn't come back.

"Hey, come down for a second!" Clark yelled to Jo.

Jo sighed as she made her way off the roof and down to the house. When she entered, she noticed her brothers were visibly irritated.

"What's up?" Jo asked.

"Your brothers and I are going to work in the barn," Clark said.

"Okay, and?"

"And you're gonna go help your mother,"

"Help her with what?"

"She's going to find Lucy and I want her to have some sort of protection,"

Jo nodded, as she watched her mother and grandfather walk out of the living room. Sam smiled at Jo, while Lois walked past her.

"She'll get over it," Clark sighed as he walked outside with the boys.

"Maybe," Sam added, knowing his daughter.

"Thanks," Jo rolled her eyes and followed her grandfather outside.

The three of them piled into Sam's car and made their way towards Lucy. Jo wondered how Lois was going to introduce her to her aunt, who happened to never attended the funeral.

——————-

"Where's my daughter?" Sam snapped as the three of them rushed into a building.

"Lucy?" Lois called.

"You need to leave," Lucy snapped, catching their attention.

"The pendant was destroyed, there's nobody coming,"

"You'll really say anything to get your way," Lucy scoffed.

"Your sisters right," Sam said "the pendant was destroyed, nobody's coming,"

"You're wrong...who's this?" Lucy nodded towards Jo.

"Francine, Clark's...niece,"

"Why's she here?"

"That doesn't matter,"

Jo took a deep breath as she wandered away from the group. She had heard her mother and aunt bicker for years and she really didn't need to hear a conversation that always ended the same.

————————

Eventually the fight came to an end when Jo heard Ally outside the building. Walking out to the field, the group stared at the woman in front of them. Ally locked eyes with Lucy, a wicked grin appearing on her face.

"I knew you'd come back for me," Lucy smiled.

"Of course we did. We promised you," Ally smiled.

"You merged?"

"And soon you will too,"

"Come on, this is bullshit," Jo snapped.

"Quite the contrary, my dear...I would offer to merge you and your other self, but she never existed. Seems to be one of the only ones,"

Jo rolled her eyes, as she stared down Ally. She didn't know much about how this situation started, but she wanted nothing more than for it to end.

"The pendants gone, saw it destroyed with my own eyes," Sam said.

"I have another way," Ally replied.

"She's messing with you, Lucy. She's a monster," Lois snapped.

"Do we look like a monster?"