Truth and Consequences

Jen took a deep breath and kept her eyes closed, while she stepped through the portal. It wasn't until she was on the other side that she opened her eyes. When she did, she took in a obscure sight, her brother Jon was floating in the air alongside himself.

"Relax when you get home? Absolutely not," Jo sighed as she looked up at the two.

"Jon!" Lois yelled, catching Jos attention.

The situation seemed to be bigger than Jo anticipated, so she decided to do something to separate the two boys.

"Jon!" Jo yelled, her voice projecting with enough power to separate the two.

Her voice was something she had worked on in her time away. She could even whisper and cause chaos if she wanted.

"Oh my god!" Lois yelled as she ran towards the two boys.

Jo only stood and watched as the other Jon stood up and took off. At the same time, her father appeared next to her.

"Who are you?" Clark asked.

"What? Dad it's me?" Jo looked at her father confused.

Just as she looked at the older man, her brain began to realize what was going on. Looking back at her brothers, she noticed they hadn't aged a day.

"Jo, you're not-" Jo grabbed Clark's arms.

"How long was I gone?" Jo asked frantically.

"Since you disappeared...I'd say five months,"

"No...no I've been gone five years,"

"No, you haven't," Lois said as she walked up to Jo.

Jo had no words as she faced her mother, who was in tears. Lois quickly pulled her daughter in for a hug, sobbing into her shoulder. Jo smiled, while she looked at her brothers who stared in shock.

"Something must have happened when you tried to get home or-or maybe...I don't know, I'll have your grandfather look into it," Lois stammered.

"Yeah sure...let's just get inside for now," Jo said, as she pulled her mother towards the house.

—————

Stepping into her home, Jo took a deep breath. She felt as though she should have come back sooner, just so she could take a break from the chaos of other worlds.

"So what's wrong with Jon?" Jo asked, as she noticed all the flowers around the house.

"His duplicate or other version is on this earth, as you saw," Clark explained "and Jon will have visions of what the other Jon sees, vice versa,"

"Interesting," Jo picked up a card from the flowers "with deep remorse? What are all these flowers for?"

Lois cleared her throat before she grabbed Jos arm. She was quick to sit Jo down before telling her what was going on.

"You've been gone for some months and people were starting to wonder, so we originally told everyone you had gotten sick from some treatments...and you fell into a coma," Lois explained.

"Originally?" Jo asked.

"Things took a turn about two months ago..."

Flashback

"Hey, Kents!" Corey yelled, as he walked up to Jon and Jordan.

"What's up?" Jon asked.

"When's your sister getting back? Haven't heard her annoying voice in a while," Corey laughed as he wrapped his arm around Jordan's neck.