Epiphany

For someone so smart, Yoongi was dense when it came to his feelings. It almost made Seokjin want to laugh, but he bit his tongue back everytime, because he guessed he could kind of relate. It was easy to be smart, but not always easy to be intelligent.

It was also easy to call others oblivious. But when you're in the situation yourself, then you realize how easy it is to remain clueless.

The eldest member of Bangtan rubbed his eyes tiredly. Man, Yoongi had great timing too. Springing this on him in the middle of a tour. As if he wasn't already preoccupied enough.

His brain had felt jumbled lately. With everything around him mixing in, he struggled to make sense of it all. Seokjin wished there was a way to rewind time and just settle in those early months when you had joined. When you had just made yourself comfortable into their daily lives and become a part of their routine. Before anyone's complicated feelings got in the way.

He thinks that's the time he was most happy. When you had just come into their lives like the force you were. Upturning every single thing they knew and rearranging it to accommodate not just 7, but 8. It was abnormal, but it was inherently just you. The thought made him smile unknowingly as he made his way to the sink and started on the pile of dirty dishes.

"What do you look so happy about?"

A familiar pair of warm palms on his shoulders made his smile widen and his heart do an embarrassingly childish flip.

"Just thinking about the way you slipped on stage yesterday," he replied easily. The offense on your face was priceless to him.

"Rude," you scoffed, hands slipping off his shoulders. He immediately missed the warmth. "Why are you attacking me?"

He chuckled easily as he looked down at the dish he was scrubbing. "Why haven't you gone to bed yet? Aren't you tired?"

You huffed as you realized he had evaded your question, before crossing your arms. "I'm not tired yet,"

Seokjin rolled his eyes with a shake of his head. "I'll never understand how you always have so much energy. We literally had three shows in a row and you're here bouncing around like a hyperactive puppy,"

Though he guessed...that was one of his favorite things about you.

"Not everyone can be grumpy old grandpas like you and Yoongi,"

He grabbed a handful of dish soap and flung it in your direction and the squeal that erupted from your lips had him grinning.

"You..." he shook his head in mock irritation. "Really need to learn some respect,"

All you responded with was a cheeky smile, and Seokjin had nothing left in him to be even a little bit irritated.

Damn, Yoongi really knew how to pick them...

"Speaking of which, don't old grandpas need sleep? Why are you awake and doing dishes of all things?"

Choosing to ignore your jab with a twitch of his brow, he tried to find a valid excuse. He couldn't just tell you that he had spent all this time thinking of Yoongi's confession...and about you.

"I don't know...it's relaxing," he decided on saying and you grinned up at him.

"What? Washing dishes has become therapeutic for you? You really are an old man,"

You were expecting him to shout at you in protest, so you skillfully dodged out of the way as he flung another wad of soap at you all while yelling profanities.