S3 »Old Story

›–––––––‹

›–––––––‹

[Historia]: I was born on a small farm in the northern region of Wall Rose..It was on land owned by the noble family of Reiss. As far back as I can remember, I was helping around the farm. But my mother was always reading books and not once did I see her doing housework. She was a beautiful woman... At night, someone would come for her in a wagon... and she'd go off to the city wearing fancy clothes. For me, that was just life as I knew it. After I learned to read and write, I picked up a book ti imitate my mother. Only then did I know how alone I was. In all books, parents cared about their children. They talked, hugged, fought... or so the stories went. I had never experienced any of those things. One day, out of curiosity, I decided to try hugging my mother. I just wanted to see what kind of face she would make...

[Historia]: Mother! ..-Historia jumped on top of her mother's legs, making the woman gasp before grabbing her face and pushing her away from her. Historia's nose came out blood as she looked at her mother-

[Historia]: She ended up shoving me away, but that was the first thing my mother ever did to me. That's why it made me so happy..

[??]: If only I had the courage to kill the girl...-She remembered her mother saying before walking away and drying her tears-

[Historia]: Those were... the first words my mother said to me. After that, she left the house and began living somewhere else. And then, five years ago... One night just days after Wall Maria fell... For the very first time, I met my father..

[??]: Nice to meet you, Historia. My name is Rod Reiss... I'm your father...

[Historia]: That man... He was the lord ruling the land we lived on. My mother I hadn't seen in years looked terribly frightened..

–––––––🕊🕊–––––––

[Rod Reiss]: Historia... You'll be living with me now..

Then, she was holding Rod's hand as her mother was heading over to the carriage, but a shadow came walking out and into the light, making her scream and try to run away until she was caught by two other people.

[Kenny]: This is a problem, Lord Reiss..-The voice of Kenny was heard- Let's avoid acting rashly now. Did the fall of Wall Maria make you a little scared?..

Her mother whimpered as Historia called out to her in worry.

[Historia]: Mother!..