CHAPTER 16

It was almost daybreak, the sky was still dark and quiet. In Alya's room, no lanterns were lit. Alya slept peacefully, not aware of what the time was.

Suddenly, under the moonlight that seeped in through the window, a shadow slipped from under the door into Alya's room on the wall. It stared at the sleeping red head for a while, then at the door. Surprisenly, the shadow used it's fingers to unlock the door.

The door then creaked open, and a figure appeared.

"Hmm...."

In seconds, the shadow disappeared in the blink of an eye.

The figure stealthily walked towards the bed and stared at the sixteen year old. Alya slept on her side, so the moon shone on half of her face. Her hair and lips seemed purple under the moonlight. Her chest rose and fell as she slept. And with her butterfly-like  eyelashes, rosy cheeks and lips slightly apart, she looked like a priceless work of art.

The figure frowned as she bent closer, until her lips almost touched one of her fox ears.

She looked furious.

"Hm...."

Suddenly, the figure's hand reached for one of her ears and pulled it harshly.

"Ahh..."

Alya jerked up in surprise, she felt something pull her ear. She quickly held her ear gently, then swiftly looked up to see the culprit.

"Nyx...."

"You're still in bed." Her voice was low, like a mother quietly questioning her child. Alya glared and rubbed her poor ear, as she glared at Nyx.

"What is wrong with you? How did you get in?"

"Through the door, how else?"

"Why did you pull my ear?"

"You were still asleep."

Alya growled angrily.

"You're gonna be late.....get up." Nyx said.

Alya yawned, then slowly lowered her head. It looked like she was about to sleep again.

"Late for what?" She had already forgotten the reason why she was there.

"Training, it's almost 5am."

"How do you guys know what time it is?" She slightly raised her head until her eyes met her waist."

"I'll tell you when you're ready...get up."

Alya wasn't listening to what Nyx said, she was already asleep, in her sitting position. Nyx's brows furrowed in frustration.

"I guess you're not hungry then....."

Alya woke up, then mumbled with her eyes half opened.

"What are we having?"

Nyx shook her head solemnly, then sighed as she muttered.

"Food will kill you..."

Nyx brought Alya's things, and Alya checked if everything was there. Everything was present, except her food, to Alya's disappointment. Almost an hour later, Alya was done with bathing and dressing up. Quickly, Nyx dragged her out of the room.

"So, how do you guys know what time it is?"

Nyx dragged Alya all the way to the small room. When they were finally in front of the wall, she answered her question.

"Clocks.....what else?"

"Oh."

Nyx held two of her fingers up then poked the wall with them. Instantly, the wall turned pitch black.