CHAPTER 26

"Make it bigger."

"How?"

The flame in her palm diminished as soon as she asked. Instead of getting an answer, her hand was smacked by the old man's cane.

"Hey!"

"Who said you could stop?"

"sorry."

"Just imagine a bigger flame, it's not hard."

"Okay then."

Seconds later the flames in her palm got bigger.

"Okay then."

...

In two months she was done with basic fire mastery.

...

"Hmm.....how long has it been since we met, master?"

Alya had decided to call him master instead. She was tired of calling him teacher.

"Hmm.....almost a year I believe." He mumbled before sipping his tea, while Alya stared at him, her expression void and blank.

"And all this time you've barely said my name."

The old man remained silent for a while, then continued to sip his tea.

"Names are overrated, you don't know mine, and you don't need to know."

"Do you even remember my name?"

"As I said, names are overrated."

"What's my name master?" Her voice turned mellow.

Silence overtook the place again.

"...Names are just letters....."

"YOU..!!

....

The next morning.....

"Wake up!!"

"No!"

"But your awake!"

"I'm not!"

Both girls were in this predicament.

"It's almost noon, get up now!"

At this point Nyx was trying to pull off Alya's blanket.

"Why?"

"Today is a special day!"

"So what?!"

At this point Alya decided to let go of the blanket which caused Nyx to fall back forcefully.

"What was that for?"

Alya ignored her and went back to bed.

"Seems you don't want to go to the festival with me." Nyx got up to dust herself. "Guess I'll go alone then."

"What festival?" Alya was still laying in bed, but her interest was piqued.

"This year's harvest celebration. This town's harvest was very successful, so the festival's going to be a big one." Nyx was already at the door when Alya sat up.

"Will there be food at every stall?" Her voice was soft, she was still sleepy.

"It's a harvest festival, what do you expect?"

"I just asked a question." She glared.

"Then what do you expect at a festival."

Alya scoffed and laid back down, her mood was ruined. Nyx rolled her eyes and left.