CHAPTER 35

While the girls were headed for the stores, Crissalis checked for any little thing she might have forgotten to pack.

As she was about to check her drawers, she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in."

The door opened revealing a frowning Kaet.

"Uncle..."

Kaet entered, closing the door behind him.

"I came to talk."

"What's there to talk about?" she asked, her eyes sweeping though the drawer she just opened.

"If it's about what happened earlier...."

"Mmm." Kaet walked further into the room and sat on Crissal's queen sized bed, meters away from the door. He stared at his niece, who's eyes were fixed on an empty drawer.

"I had something to do."

"What was it?"

Crissal refused to say anything. The room was silent. Moments later Kaet broke the silence with a sigh.

"I'm just trying to protect you. These kidnappings are not simple.Also...your parents...."

"That is why I'm leaving."

"You know your parents care about you. I'm sure the thought of you fighting at the war front is eating them from the inside."

"I'm sure it is."

Kaet could feel the sarcasm. He decided to leave the topic for now.

"Just be careful, it's not just Nyth."

"Oh?"

Kaet's straightened himself before he spoke. What he was about to say was clear and simple.

"The girls were hired to protect you. Please get along with them...who knows, maybe you three can be friends."

Crissal's big blue eyes darted towards her uncle.

"I highly doubt that." she retorted.

.....

Okay.....so what do we need?"

"We have everything we need."

"You sure?"

"Certain."

The girls walked the streets, passing shops and houses on their way back home. Alya scanned shops as she passed by, thinking of what they could need.

"I already got everything we could need on our travel. Remember were going to be walking on foot for weeks before we get to Crolis, no luxury items, just essentials."

"How far is Crolis from here?" Alya had to ask.

"On foot it could take about a month or two, but for us, it would take at least five months."

"Since I'll also train on the way."

"Exactly. Battling beasts and monsters daily will be good for you."

Alya's forehead creased. She sounded like some doctor. No doctor in her past would ever say something like that. This new world she was in was too much. If only she was reborn into a rich family on earth, she wouldn't have to think of anything like this.

"Yeah.....good for me."

Her headache would soon resurface If she continued like this.

"We're home."

Nyx announced their arrival. They were staring at the house they've been staying for two weeks.

"I thought we would be able to stay here for a few months."