CHAPTER 34

Dun led the girls forward as they reached the grand foyer of the manor. Alya was already in a daze as she gazed at the long and beautiful dual curved staircase joined at the central on the next floor. At the base of the black marble railings were big potted plants and two small but beautiful wooden tables beside them.

"When I'm rich I'll build a manor like this." Alya mumbled unknowingly catching Nyx's attention.

"How long will that take?"

"Not long... you'll see." Alya gave a confident look which caused a chuckle to escape Nyx's lips.

"Can't wait."

Below those grand stairs were two double doors and two other doors on either sides of the foyer. Beside them were various forms of artwork, surely worth a fortune for each one.

Crissal continued towards the stairway to the second floor, then continued straight on.

"Let's go ladies, follow the miss."

Dun and the girls climbed the stairway which led to another grand stairway down a short hall. On both sides was a long hall perpendicular to the first hall, lined with more than a dozen doors in both directions. The three walked towards the second stairway, the same way Crissalis went. On the third floor, they found Crissalis in front of the third door on the left side of the left wing.

The three walked up to her.

"What took you so long to get up here?" Her eyes stayed glued to the door as she asked.

"Sight seeing." Alya gave a straight answer.

"Excuse me miss....."

Crissal nodded, then stepped back a bit to give Dun some space. Dun walked up the door and knocked gently but audibly.

"Who is it?" A slightly husky voice responded. By the way he replied, it seemed he was stressed out of some sort.

"The miss is back....and she brought guests my lord.

"Really?" His tone suddenly got lighter.

"Let them in then."

Moments later Dun opened the door and let the three girls in. As soon as they entered, Dun closed the door and left.

The girls faced the man they knew as the lord of the city, sitting in his big mahogany desk filled with piles of paperwork. In his hand was a blue quil pen that he was writing with a few moments ago.

Nyx and Alya stepped forward, then bowed their heads in reverence.

"It's an honor to meet you my lord." they both say in unison.

"Likewise." He smiled, then turned to his niece in the middle. His smiling face turned to that of a frown.

"Where were you?" Judging by the sad frown on his face, he was clearly worried.

"Errands uncle." Crissie simply replied.

"Of course." his frown deepened, she had always made that excuse anytime she left the manor without
"Friends...Crissie?"

"Hired hands." She immediately corrected.

"These two are headed for Crolis for some reason.....I believe staying there would be the best course of action."

Kaet stayed silent as he stared intently at the three, then suddenly sighed.

"I'm sure Crolis will be attacked by the human army soon."

"Then they'll escort me to another continent....and if it goes on like that we'll continue to move until the war is over."

Kaet fell silent once again then glanced at Nyx and Alya