CHAPTER 28

The moment they reached the town, Nyx brought out a tiny silver bell from her pocket and rang it. The sound it made was soft, but it seemed like everyone heard it. Then in a flash, everyone rushed to their homes and started packing.

"Master has sent a message to the city's lord. We should start packing as well. Get your bags and everything else you need."

"Okay." Alya obeyed without question. Before she could enter her room, Nyx held her back.

"Here."

Nyx took out a small sling travel bag and gave it to Alya.

"It has a large space pocket in it. Use it to hold as many things as you need. Now hurry up."

Alya entered her room and started packing. In thirty minutes she was done and quickly got out.

She was really going to miss this place.

On her way she met Nyx and Sylith by the door. They had been waiting.

"But what about master's stuff?" Alya asked.

"That's not a problem, the old man knows what to do."

"Oh."

"Let's help the others, we should be done by nightfall."

"Okay."

The first place they went was Greya's store.

When they got there, they found Greya packing her jewelry in her space pouch. She hadn't noticed others were in her shop.

"Greya!"

Greya turned to the two and smiled warmly.

" Hello girls, I see you guys are done packing."

"Yeah, we came to help you." Alya walked up to Greya started helping her with the jewelry."

"Oh thank you dear. But it's so unfortunate, I have to abandon my shop." Greya's smile turned to a frown. Nyx and Alya could only console her.

"Don't worry, it will be over soon. But we have to pack the dresses too."

"Okay then."

....

By nightfall, everyone had gotten their children, valuables and other necessities. Everyone had gathered at the town square, waiting for the old man to teleport them to the next city.

"Is everyone here?" Nyx yelled for everyone to hear.

The towns folk looked around for a while and confirmed, everyone was there.

"Good."

Nyx turned to the old man and nodded, and soon he started to conjure a teleportation circle.

Alya had been holding Sylith while the spell was being conjured.

Seconds later, a large white circle with strange symbols surrounded everyone. The townsfolk were getting excited and nervous at the same time. They were going to miss their home.

As soon as the circle was complete, Alya, Nyx, Sylith and the old man got inside and in a flash, they disappeared.

.....

Seconds later they arrived in front of two enormous silver gates.

"We're here."

They all stared at the gate of their new home, not knowing what to do. Then Alya turned to ask Nyx.

"Are we waiting for someone?"

"The city's lord."

"Oh, is he nice?"

"He's nice enough."

Alya looked up to find two wolf beastkin at the towers beside the gate. They were glaring at them and she glared back.

"I hope so."

Seconds later the gates started to open, revealing a long brick roads and large buildings made of stone and bricks. Walking towards them were two leopard beastkin, a middle aged man and a young girl hand in hand.

The man was tall and hefty, with green eyes shaped like almonds, and dirty blonde hair that was side parted. While the little girl had long white hair with sapphire blue eyes. She seemed to be not more than thirteen.

Her lovely eyes didn't match the dull expression on her face. She seemed more bored than unhappy.

The man turned to the old master.
"I saw the message you sent me, fortunately I've prepared everything just in time."

He was the current lord of the city.

The man's eyes scanned everyone present with a smile.

"May I know who the town's chief is?"

Alya quickly turned to the old man.

"I'm not the chief."

"Eh?"

All this time she thought he was. Being old and all.

"Then who is? I've never seen him." She whispered.

Suddenly the crowd quickly parted, leaving only one person in the middle.

"Eh?"

In the middle was a man, around fifty, crouching. Some grey hairs on his head stood erect and his beard was a little bit messy. His silver eyes were bloodshot and his body looked frail and thin. Noticing he was the only one left out his eyes darted in both directions.

Alya was shocked she almost choked.

"Ah! You must be...." The lord waited for the now known leader to answer.

"Zeith, my lord." He meekly spoke then quickly hid behind a huge bulky man."

"Why haven't I seen him before?" Alya whispered to Nyx.

"Zeith is a shut in. He never comes out of his home unless it's a serious emergency. He's wary of....most people."

Alya stared at the chief still hiding behind the bulky guy.

"Looks like he's a pushover."

"Don't underestimate. He's a strong geezer, just like master."

"...."

Alya had stopped talking when she noticed a pair of sapphire blue eyes staring at her.

"Good to meet you Zeith, my name is Kaet, I will gladly help you and your people."

Zeith could only nod with gratitude.

"This is my niece, Crissie. She is also glad to meet you all."

The girl didn't bother to say anything and just nodded.

"Well then....."

Lord Kaet motioned for someone behind him to come forward.

"This is Dun, he'll take you all to where you'll be staying for a while. We've made sure it's favourable for you all. If any of you have questions, please ask Dun, and he will answer sincerely."

The man he was referring to  was middle aged with  dark brown hair and green eyes, and a slim build. His face was stoic and he was poised. He bowed his head respectfully to everyone.

"He will also lay out the rules of this city and everything else necessary. This city has strong defense and security, you will be safe for now."

Everyone murmured excitedly.

"We'll be off now. We shall be seeing more of ourselves during this period We again welcome you all."

As soon as he said that, both of them disappeared instantly.

"Excuse me everyone!"

A voice reached everyone's ears and they all kept quiet as they waited for what the person wanted to say.

"As Lord Kaet had ordered, I will answer every question, as much as I can. So if you have, please ask now." Dun spoke.