CHAPTER 45

What Nyx saw before her was a flower, a large and beautiful one, with large blue-black petals that resembled the ones of a dahlia. Despite the fog its petals glowed with a faint light that added to its charm.

Nyx wasn’t the least bit interested in its beauty, she knew what this monster was capable of doing. Crisal was just inches from Its huge hung open mouth, filled with razor sharp teeth.

Before it could drop Cilis in, Nyx sliced the vines in half, jumped and caught her just in time before she fell inside. The moment she landed the flower snapped its jaw at her but she swiftly dodged. Vines dashed to attack her as she ran but she dodged each one of them, she was still holding Cilis so she couldn’t hold her sword properly to attack. She used her shadow again to help her while she tried to find the spot she had placed Alya.

The tree Alya was in was covered with large vines that was crawling towards her, Nyx noticed them and quickly climbed them to get to her. She dropped Cilis and turned to the blue flower monster, her forehead creased as she gazed below at the mess.

The vines had snatched and strangled lots of beasts and they were slowly being dragged towards the large flower. Even the monitors they had fought was among the pile. The forest ground was guised with bloodied corpses and chopped off vines.

“These things always leave a mess wherever they go.”

Nyx grabbed her sword tightly and sliced every vine that was on the tree they were on, then made her way to the monster.

At lightning speed she sliced and dodged every vine in her way. As soon as she was mere feet away, the monster’s head charged and snapped its jaw at her but she dodged the attack. It went for it again with the help of its vines but Nyx’s shadow swiftly sliced through them. Soon enough more vines were hurled at her, which was starting to disrupt her focus on the monster.  She was barely able to dodge another bite.

Slicing vines while dodging its sharp toothed mouth was starting to take a tole on her, it was taking longer than expected to kill this thing. She was starting to slow down and her muscles started to ache. It was hard for her to keep up and it caused her more than a few scratches. She had to do something quickly or else it wouldn’t end well.

She quickly stretched out her free hand, and lowly whispered something.

All of a sudden, deep within the fog, dark shadows emerged from every direction. Then, the moment she tightened her palm, the shadows of dead beasts and surrounding trees were forcefully held and absorbed by Nyx’s shadow. Her eyes, still focused on its vines and head, had gotten more intense. In mere seconds, her shadow overpowered the whole plant, destroying its vines and cleanly slicing off its head.

“KAAAAA!!!!!”

……………..

“Hey…..”

“SPLASH!”

“Ahh!”

Immediately eyes shot opened and with a scream, jolted up in shock.

“You’re awake…….”

Nyx’s dilated eyes darted in all directions until her gaze stopped at Cilis, who knelt beside her.

Her long white hair was disheveled and her body had a few scratches. Her clothes were also torn and dirty and her blues eyes depicted a feeling of frustration, discontent and a bit of worry deeply hidden.

“You’re awake?” Nyx’s confused eyes turned to that of relief as she gazed at Cilis.

“That’s what I said.” Cilis retorted then got up and dusted her dress with the same frown she always had. Nyx sighed in relief at the thought of Cilis being awake.

She looked around and checked her surroundings, the fog had cleared up. It was around mid day and the forest was buzzing with sounds. Her surroundings was messed up, with bloodied corpses and thousands of chopped up vines. The flower Nyx had killed was just feet away from where they were.

She quickly thought of another person.

“Where’s Alya?” Nyx swiftly got up in worry, but she instantly regretted it the moment she felt aches all over her body and her head slowly spinning. She had forgotten the injuries she must’ve acquired during the fight, and how much energy she had used up using that ability.

“Don’t move too much, you’re still recovering.”

Cilis pointed her finger in a specific direction. Nyx’s eyes followed it to find Alya laying on the ground, still unconscious.

“She hasn’t gotten up yet. It’s almost been a day since I woke up and found you two unconscious.”

Alya’s injuries were more severe than Cilis. Unlike Cilis, both Alya and Nyx were punctured by the vine’s big thorns and had gotten more scratches. They weren’t as much as Nyx, but it was still more than a few.

Nyx knelt next to Alya and checked up on her. Fortunately she wasn’t muttering like before and her temperature was stable. Nyx was relieved but she was still worried because she had still not woken up. It turned out the gas was still having effects on her.

“Let’s hope she does before tomorrow morning.”

“Hmm…..”

Nyx sat down then gently placed Alya’s head on her lap. It was better than keeping her head on the hard ground.

Cilis sat on a close stump then turned to Nyx with a frown.

“What happened while we were unconscious?”