CHAPTER 37

Hours later...

"Sister.....what is this?"

Nyx's sudden low and monotone voice reached Alya's ears but she ignored it.

"You should know cats hate water..."

Her eyes stared blankly at Alya's feet, unable to see her face in her position.

"You could've at least gotten a less itcher rope to tie my feet, it hurts when I move them."

Alya continued to ignore Nyx, and was slowly releasing more of the rope, lowering Nyx in a large basin of ice cold water. If she was more cooperative she wouldn't have used a rope to hang Nyx over a tree branch in the backyard.

Nyx stared at the water and broke out in a cold sweat. She then glanced at Alya's feet again.

"You know this is childish, even for you."

"I could say the same thing for you." Alya stated blankly as she released more of the rope.

"Let's not dwell in the past. What else was I supposed to do to wake you up?" Nyx pouted, feeling wronged. She was just trying to help.

Because of her past conditions, Alya could easily get sick when it was cold. Her home was barely sturdy enough for shelter but not for the weather.  The roof was full of holes and the walls were old and thin, having fevers was inevitable.

"I'm serious though, I know you sleep like a pig, but this was different."

Alya got provoked once again and released more of the rope, lowering Nyx, who was now inches from the surface of the water.

"Were you having a nice dream? You were swimming in a lake of gold again weren't you. Why is it, you always have nice dreams...I feel sorta jealous. I never have nice dreams...well I did when I was five....it was...."

Nyx started to wave her arms as she complained.

Alya at that moment wasn't listening to a word she said. Nyx's voice was drowned out by her thoughts. She did have a dream, more of a nightmare, of her past over a decade ago.

It was as clear as day, fragments of her past burst out from her subconscious that night. One after the other, they appear and disappear.

It was too painful to relive the past once again.

Internally she felt somewhat grateful towards Nyx for waking her up.

"Helloooo!!"

Alya came out of her thoughts and turned to the girl hung upside down with a frown.

"Did you even listen to anything I said?" Nyx rambled on, complaining about how Alya never paid attention to her, while waving her hands frantically trying to gain her attention.

Alya was getting annoyed and tugged the rope playfully which shut Nyx up.

.....

The rest of the day passed by quickly with the sun setting, revealing the night filled with stars and a full moon illuminating across the sky, it was midnight by the time they arrived at the manor. While everyone was asleep, there was unknown activity going on in the city lord's residence.

The girls had just arrived at the manor with everything they needed, waiting for their new employers at the Manor's spacious foyer.

The girls look up to find Lord Kaet and his niece walking elegantly down the long staircase. The former had a small smile plastered on his while the latter had the opposite expression. The girl in question wore a dark hood showing her face. The girls bowed respectfully as they reached the last step, facing them.

"Raise your heads girls, no need for that tonight."

The girls raised their heads. Nyx was the first to speak.

"We're ready to depart for Crolis."

"Good, let's go." Crissal swiftly respnded before her uncle could, and walked right passed them, silently towards the fountain in the right in front of the manor.

The girls didn't utter a word and followed suit.

As soon as they reached the gates of the manor, Nyx held the girls by their shoulders.

"Okay then....."

Suddenly Nyx quickly merged with her own shadow on the wall as she held on to the girls, dragging them into her shadow as well.

Seconds later they appeared at the border of a forest. Beyond the grass and shubs were trees almost four hundred feet tall, with large bushes leaves and shrubs.

The forest continued on to the mountains, over a thousand kilometers away from where they were. This forest was one of the largest and most dangerous forests in Dosir, also know for its richness, beauty and their beasts.

This forest, Viris, had four regions, the outermost region was where they currently were. The region was filled with grasses, shrubs and bushes with different berries. Most small and harmless animals stay around there. The region was the best place to gain easy game. Alya would start her training in the second region.

With Alya's training, the girls would take at least half a year to pass the forest. This would normally take a month if they were just passing by.

"Let's start your training." Nyx grabbed the two by their shoulders again and dragged them into the forest."

"Wait!" Crissal stood firm, preventing Nyx from going any further.

"Yes?"

Crissal's brows furrowed as she took a glance at the tall trees and bushes.

"Aren't we supposed to be in Crolis?"

Without a second thought, Nyx quickly responded.

"We're kidnapping you for ransom."

That very moment Alya was about to punch Nyx but she swiftly evaded her fist.

"Ignore her." Alya stared blankly at her fist, the same one Nyx dodged.

"I intend to."

"This forest is another path to Crolis. It's also a great place to cultivate one's skills. We intend to train on the way." Nyx replied once again.

"You can do that after you teleport me to Crolis." Crissalis stated.

"Sorry we can't."

"You have no choice, my uncle has paid you to escort me to Crolis."

"And that's what we're doing. We're still going to Crolis." Alya intervened.

"And besides, your uncle agreed to it."