CHAPTER 7

NAWAWALA ANG BRACELET. And my mind is way too shocked to sink in the new information. It took me a whole minute before registering it on my mind. And as it was completely sink in, thoughts started to ran in my mind.

Panic slowly gripped my chest as the reality of losing the bracelet set in. The accessory, a constant companion and a symbol of connection with Sam, was now nowhere to be found. My thoughts raced, mirroring the chaos in my heart. The initial shock was replaced by a surge of anxiety, my mind frantically searching for clues to retrace my steps.

Each passing second felt like an eternity as my hands fumbled through pockets and around the immediate surroundings, hoping for a glimmer of the silver bracelet. The weight of its absence settled heavily on me, and the worry about Sam's whereabouts intensified. How could I possibly unravel the unfolding events without the anchor of that cherished piece?

My mind, now a whirlwind of emotions, oscillated between guilt, fear, and a sense of helplessness. The realization that I had to confront this unexpected challenge alone added another layer of vulnerability to my already fragile state. The bracelet was more than just an accessory; it was a conduit to understanding, a talisman of shared experiences.

As I retraced my steps, retracing the labyrinth of my recent memories, the world seemed to blur. Faces and places became a disorienting montage, and my thoughts became a tangled web of uncertainty. Each missed heartbeat echoed the growing trepidation, amplifying the emotional toll of the situation.

Napahiga ako sa higaan dahil sa sakit ng ulo at pakiramdam. And then, I caught myself staring into the distance, my eyes reflecting the worry that now etched lines on my face. The gravity of the situation sank in deeper, transforming my anxiousness into a palpable ache. The sense of loss, both of the bracelet and the connection it symbolized, was overwhelming. Naisip ko rin na hanapin sa school, pero hindi ko kaya. Kagabi pa ay masama na pakiramdam ko, na parang di ko kakayanin. Saka kung hindi man masama pakiramdam ko, hindi ko mapapasok lang agad-agad ang school, kung doon man nawala, sarado ang school na yun tuwing weekends.

Dalawa lang naman kasi ang napuntahan ko kahapon: school at Mall. Masyadong malaki ang Mall, talaga bang naisip ko na hanapin doon? Pero hindi talaga possible na nailabas ko doon, kasi it's in the bag the whole time. Wala magtatangkang magnakaw dahil bracelet lang naman iyon at nakatago sa counter iyon. Pero—kasi—

Mas sumasakit ang ulo ko. But... I was completely hopeless. How am I supposed to know everything, if I don't have the most crucial element of my investigation? Mukha bang may magagawa ang diary na iyon sa kung nasaan si Sam?

“Hoy babae, may bisita ka sa baba. Hinahanap ka.”

I frowned at him. “Sino?”

“Qen daw. Iniinterrogate na ni Papa, lagot ka. Akala ni Papa Boyfriend mo.” Nanlaki ang mata ko sa sinabi ni Kuya at kumaripas ang takbo pababa. Iniwan ang tumatawang baliw na Kuya.

“Pa, he's not my—” Natigilan ako nang maabutan na nakikipagtawanan pa si Papa kay Qen. “...Boyfriend... what's happening?” Napatingin ang dalawa sa akin.

“Ah, ikaw pala yan, anak. Kaibigan mo raw itong Qen at binibisita ka. Pinapasok ko naman dahil kaibigan mo naman pala.” Kumunot ang noo ko at binaling ang tingin kay Qen. “Sige at iwan ko na kayo. Nasa taas lang ako kapag you need any help.”

Nakaalis na si Papa at binalingan ko ng tingin si Qen. “What are you doing here?! Papa could've killed you by making it here, buti na lang good mood siya!”

“Are you feeling well? Because I discovered the reason why you threw up yesterday.”

“Huh? What do you mean? And... yes, masama pakiramdam ko.” Inalala ko ang biglang pagsakit ng ulo at tiyan kanina nang sinubukan kong hanapin sa buong room ko ang bracelet.