A little too much?

"Mr Todd!" In rushed Anthony causing Sweeney to nip his skin on the razor from the shock of his entry.

Growling he turned from his cracked mirror to face the boy who gave him an apologetic look. Sweeney was almost done shaving his cheeks only for Anthony to come marching in. He was shaving for tonight's ball, he wanted to make a good impression after all and fit in.

"Sorry" his weak apology had the barber almost rolling his eyes and wiping away the excess shaving cream from his face.

"Does it ever occur to you to knock" he said with a hint of danger in his tone as he examined where he had cut his cheek slightly on the blade. It wasn't bad but still a little blood seeped from the small wound.

"I thought you would want to know that Turpin is downstairs chatting to Mrs Lovett, he brought her a huge bouquet of flowers and a large box of something, she hasn't opened it yet" he rambled on knowing Mr Todd would be interested to know. What Anthony really wanted was for the barber to get down there now and keep an eye for Mrs Lovetts sake. If he was seen by Turpin all hell would break loose.

He and Mrs Lovett hadn't spoken since their argument the other day. Time had passed and the pair of them continued on as if it never happened. Sweeney had realised his emotions had gotten in the way, had showed a weaker side to him by worrying about her. Mrs Lovett was nothing but his parter in crime, at least that's what he tried convincing himself. Yes they shared nights together every so often but that was simply lust and nothing more! for the pair of them it meant nothing! at least he hoped It didn't for her. The thought of her pinning after him again would make him go crazy, she could be so needy and annoying and for that he didn't want the drama of the bakers unconditional love.

"He's down there now flirting, it's quite a sight" Anthony said unable to hid the disgust from his voice. Sweeney didn't seem to move still looking at where he had cut his cheek, Anthony wanted to snap at him to get down there but knew he would live to regret it if he ever did raise his voice to the man.

"You stay here, he can't see you" Anthony agreed relieved the barber would be going down now. Anthony liked Mrs Lovett, he didn't want her mixed up with such a dangerous man and it was a real shame to him she was ever put in such a position.

Sorting out his collar he headed towards the young sailor "wait for my all clear"

Turpin had seen Anthony far too many times snooping around his property and for that he would recognise him in an instant.

Heading down the stairs Sweeney could see a few customers keeping warm in her shop. Toby seemed to tend to them while Mrs Lovett was indeed chatting to the devil himself. The very sight of Turpin had the barbers eyes clouding with anger, oh how he wanted his blood on his hands.

Entering the shop all eyes landed on him. He saw the way Mrs Lovett cleared her throat and faked a smile. She looked nervous "This is Mr Todd, the one who will be accompanyin' me tonight"

The barber met the judges gaze the two men having a stare off to see which one would blink first. Turpin didn't like the idea that Eleanore would be bringing a date to his ball, so of course it was hard for the Judge to warm to the man before him.

"An Honour my lord" Sweeneys lips twisted into a knowing smirk as he walked in further only to  stand nearer to the baker. He didn't know why but he felt the need to reach out and place his hand supportively on the small of her back. He needed to relax her as she seemed anxious.

Luckily the Judge didn't see the gesture but Mrs Lovett felt somewhat better knowing he was here with her. His hand on her back relaxed her, made her feel protected.

"Mr Todd, I've heard so much about your establishment....you have quite the reputation here in Fleet Street" Sweeney knew the fakeness to the Judges voice. He clearly didn't give too shits about him, was just here for the baker and to make himself look good in front of her.