Something about Eleanor

Grinning ear to ear Mrs Lovett walked around the pie shop washing down tables with an extra spring in her step this morning. Whistling away Johanna was glad to see her happy for it had been a while. Especially what with the news of Toby leaving, that alone had hit her rather hard. But after a few conversations she seemed to let that sadness bypass for there was no reason to feel sad that Toby was gone, it wouldn't be forever. After all he was living in America and that kind of experience was one she knew he couldn't pass up.

Last night had been so joyful and fun with dancing and singing filling the shop, Johanna was able to get to know some of the locals and be merry for the first time in ages. She didn't quite know fun and happiness like she had experienced last night. Turpin had always thrown such lavish balls but the most she got out of them was listening to the beautiful music through a keyhole. Her life was one of a prisoner and finally she felt as free as a greenfinch.

"I'm surprised you're so merry, thought you might be a little worse for wear this morning" Johanna commented with a small smile seeing the baker so happy. Last night she had had a lot to drink so this wasn't quite the Mrs Lovett she had expected to receive this morning. She knew Eleanore could drink like a sailor, in fact Johanna had noticed most nights she enjoyed a glass of gin before bed.

"I feel great" she commented smiling again at Johanna her eyes genuinely happy as well as her smile as she washed down her counter with a wet cloth.

There was a moment last night where Johanna had noticed her father had suddenly disappeared and it seemed Mrs Lovett had too. She had been too wrapped up with the party to realise at first they were missing. It was only towards the end of the evening that Mrs Lovett came down from her fathers shop. Johanna had noticed she looked a little flushed and untidy, it didn't take a genius to know what they had been doing and for that she did find it a little amusing if not awkward.

The pair had finished the party together and seen everyone out the door. It had been a late finish and both of them had been knackered from all the emotions of the day...

"Johanna love would ya mind coverin' for me this morning? I ave a few things I need to pick up from the market..."

Nodding towards Nellie she picked up a broom helping tidy the shop after last night. "Of course, haven't seen father after last night, is he ok?"

Restraining her amusement she reminded herself this was Mr Todd's daughter...of 16 years. "He's fine love, just needed to catch up on sleep...don't think he got a lot of rest in prison"

Although it was half the truth she knew it was also true because he had been asleep for hours now. It was pushing midday now and he was still upstairs asleep. To be honest Mrs Lovett had been impressed with his stamina last night considering it was very passionate between them.

"Er, speak of the devil" Nellie grinned spotting Sweeney walking down the stairs finally up and dressed for what was left of the day.

"Morning father" Johanna said as he entered.

"Morning" he said softly before his gaze returned to his baker.

Johanna watched as her father ran his arms around Eleanore from behind making her giggle as he kissed at her neck and muttered things into her ear. The pair of them were so clearly in love, she was happy to see the two people she cared about most so genuinely happy to be back together.

It was strange how her father could be so quite and standoffish around the everyday person, nervous even at times. Yet with Mrs Lovett he seemed comfortable and happy, genuinely happy...was something she once hoped to find maybe even with her beloved Joe.

"Now I must go to tha market, do ya wanna accompany me?" She asked him turning in his arms as he seemed put off by the idea of going out into the general public. She knew it was his idea of hell and so smirked and rolled her eyes when he didn't respond.