Chapter 95

Until he returned to the barracks, Gu Zheng was still in a trance. He seriously suspected that he was dreaming, otherwise how could he go to the palace and solve all the major issues in his life by the way?

When the subordinate saw his general returning to the barracks with a dazed expression on his face, followed by a young eunuch holding an imperial decree, he thought that something important had happened, and he wanted to ask something, but the general looked so out of his mind that he had no choice but to press it down.

After sending out the little eunuch who had read out the imperial decree, several generals in the main tent looked at each other in blank dismay. What does their new emperor mean?

How come they have an extra mistress when the general enters the palace?

At this moment, Gu Zheng was no less shocked than his subordinates. The little eunuch who came to the barracks with you to read the decree is the apprentice of Eunuch An, a celebrity before the new emperor. It is also a kind of fancy for Gu Zheng that he read the decree. However, what really surprised Gu Zheng and his subordinates was the content of this imperial decree.

It is not much different from the imperial decree that Gu Zheng received in the Imperial Study Room. All kinds of rare and rare treasures were rewarded to him without money. It is also a normal process to add an official to a noble. Although this official addition is a bit big, it really surprised them. , at the end of the imperial decree, Gu Zheng was granted a marriage.

This marriage gift was very random, it was just a word, and the marriage partner only had a name, and his identity and age were unknown.

What does this mean? This marriage gift is like a child's play, and it doesn't match the style of the previous serious reward.

"General?"

Gu Zheng entered the palace alone. They didn't know what happened to the general in the palace, and they were even more confused about the imperial decree, so they could only ask the person concerned.

Gu Zheng solemnly received the imperial decree. His majesty's actions caught him unexpectedly, but the result was gratifying. The last joke-like words made his heart blossom. Compared with those words, the previous generous rewards It's nothing to him.

He was born on the battlefield, and has been through life and death for many years. He has always sneered at things like love. He has seen too many vows of eternal love that are ultimately no match for the vicissitudes of life. The battlefield is the cruelest. He thought his heart had long been hardened. There should be no softness in the heart.

He was wrong. When he saw the man in white in the imperial garden, his heart softened unconsciously. The word love at first sight suddenly happened to him, but he didn't resist at all. Even in the mountains of swords and seas of fire, forehead, nose and hell, he can keep his face intact just to stand by that person's side.

For him, he can abandon everything about himself. In front of that person, his rationality has been reduced to ashes. He knows that his mentality is wrong, but so what? He won't let go, only that person can fill the perennial vacancy in his heart, even if he is his emperor, he will get him at all costs!

If he doesn't want to, he doesn't mind ruining the day.

Gu Zheng is different from the Gu family who have been loyal to the emperor for generations. He grew up in a sea of ​​corpses and blood, and he has no shackles in his heart. It can be said that he has no feelings for this country. Otherwise, in the original world line, he would not stand by and watch the direction of this country. Destroyed, those people desperately wanted the military power in his hands, but they didn't know that he didn't care about this military power.