Lovely Mother and Watchful Eyes

Saiki mind speaking
'Thoughts'
Normal talking

Merry Christmas you little gremlins 👹

Sometimes I'll have my friend proofread my stuff, and in this chapter they pointed out that some of the stuff may sound suggestive, especially in parts where Saiki and Kyoya describe their feelings towards each other. However, it's not meant to be like that 😭. There will be absolutely no smut in this book, just fluff since both Saiki and Kyoya are minors. 👹

Saiki watched Kyoya walk to the sheer black car through the small window in the front door. His mind was going a mile a minute thinking about everything that had happened to him today.

Part of him was annoyed by how eventful his life had become, but the other part of him couldn't stop thinking about Kyoya. About how Kyoya spoke to him, how he watched him, and how much Kyoya really took notice of him. Kyoya didn't simply look at Kusuo; he observed him. Kusuo knew and he didn't even mind. That's why it was so frustrating.

He doesn't want people to notice him, in fact he wants the opposite. Kusuo wants to be the most average, unimpressive person there is. But somehow through some kind of unfair higher power, Kyoya truly saw Saiki. The way Kyoya watched him... Kusuo might even say he enjoyed how Kyoya's stark black eyes followed him around the room. His serious face and his captivating sarcastic expressions; it made him want to be noticed by Kyoya. Only Kyoya.

Saiki pressed his back to the door. He could hear his parents hushed whispers and giggles from their room. He could hear the slow drip of the kitchen faucet. He could even hear the low creaks the house made for no apparent reason, but he wasn't scared. Not of those sounds.

However, he could also hear the loud beating of his heart against his chest; the pounding against his rib cage, and that did scare him.

'It doesn't even make sense. I hate this feeling. It makes me feel all weird and gross.'

Saiki rubbed his palms together, taking notice of how clammy they were. He sighed.

Yare yare.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The next morning went as usual. Saiki woke up and quickly got dressed, making sure he didn't forget to clip his pink bracelet on. Walking down stairs he sees his mother at the stove, finishing up breakfast. His father had gone back to his usual routine of being late.

Wow. You didn't even go through a full week of your job before you became a late bum again.

Kuniharu snapped his head up from the newspaper he was reading and glanced at the clock on the wall. His gaze slowly went to Kusuo as realization set in. Kurumi just giggled.

"Crap! I didn't even notice. Ku, can't you just teleport me pretty please!" Kunihara exclaimed, tossing on his blazer and tying his shoes.

No.

"Oh please, Ku-chan! I promise I won't ask again!"

You said that last time.

"But this time I mean it! Please my sweet, sweet Kusuo!"

Kusuo cringed at his father's overly expressive choice of words. Maybe he would. Only to get the overgrown baby off his back.

Yare yare. Fine. Get over here.

As Saiki sat down at the table after sending his father off to work, his mother placed breakfast in front of him. He nodded towards Kurumi as thanks before picking up his chopsticks.

Kurumi watched her son. She had sat in front of his place at the table with her own plate. She took a bite and then started up a short conversation. Their small talk consisted of trivial but amusing topics.