Chapter 9 - Disciples {Rewritten}

Virion Eralith POV

I watched in awe as the child walked away from me. In all my years of existence, I had never witnessed such a remarkable display of confidence and power, especially from a child so young. At just four years old, this child had not only awakened his mana core, but had already managed to reach the Dark Orange core, a feat that even most adult elves struggled to achieve. It was nothing short of extraordinary and truly unparalleled among our kind.

As I observed the child's movements, it became evident that every step he took was executed with absolute precision and grace. There was a fluidity to his walk, a silent assurance that spoke volumes about the extensive training he must have undergone. It was as if he had become a master of defense, never exposing a single vulnerability, even in the most subtle of moments. Whether he was strolling or seated, his guard remained steadfast, his senses constantly on alert. Every quality about this child seemed to radiate an aura of a seasoned warrior, battle-hardened and honed through countless life-or-death encounters.

With a smile on my face, I turned my attention back to the book that lay before me. If the information inscribed within these pages proved to be true, it held the potential to save countless lives of my fellow elves. "I will make them my disciples," I murmured to myself, fully aware that my son and his wife had overheard my declaration.

"Dad! You can't possibly mean that!" my son, Shouted, his voice tinged with disbelief and concern.

"Why not?" I responded calmly, my conviction unwavering. "They have captured my interest, and save your daughter. And with these notes, we have the means to rescue potentially hundreds, even thousands, of our elven brethren."

"But father, they are humans. We cannot simply disregard our traditions," Alduin protested, his voice laced with the weight of generational customs.

"Tradition!" I scoffed, dismissively waving my hand. "Tradition may hold significance, but in the face of such an opportunity to save lives, it pales in comparison. These children shall be placed under my protection, and I shall ensure that no harm befalls them. Besides, Tess desires for them to stay."

Alduin opened his mouth to object, but I interrupted him, my tone turning serious. "And what of young Arthur? He possesses a latent power that, if left untreated, could very well consume him. Are you willing to let our daughter's savior perish without a fighting chance when we possess the means to rescue him?"

Alduin faltered, his words lost in thought, his initial resistance crumbling under the weight of logic and compassion.

"Enough," I declared firmly, my gaze unwavering. "I understand your resentment towards humans, given what happened to your mother during the war a hundred years ago. But you must remember that these are innocent children, untainted by the past. As Rimuru himself has stated, not all humans are wicked. There exists among them both good and evil."

"Okay, I'll make an announcement about it." Reluctantly, Alduin sighed and conceded defeat, his face betraying a mixture of reluctance and contemplation. Perhaps this incident would serve as a turning point, reshaping his perspective on humans and allowing him to see the potential goodness that exists within them.

"Aya."

As if responding to my call, a sense of magic filled the air, and two figures slowly materialized before me, their once hidden forms now revealed, like phantoms materializing from the ethereal plane, Aya and Alea, two of our kingdom's most skilled elves, stood before me, their serene yet watchful faces betraying their presence.

"Yes, Elder Virion, how may we be of service?" Aya's voice carried an air of softness and determination, mirroring her poised stance.