Chapter 41 - My cute little sister's birthday!

Rimuru POV

The existence of the other continent had finally been announced to the public, causing a frenzy of excitement and curiosity among the masses. Gideon had wasted no time in commencing the construction of the ship. and there were a lot of things that had happened, but amidst all this hubbub, there was something even more momentous happening - Ellie's birthday.

My mother had entrusted me and my brother, Art, with the responsibility of greeting the guests as they arrived. Honestly, I wasn't thrilled about the task, but I understood the importance of making our guests feel welcome on Ellie's special day. Taking a deep breath, I adjusted my blue pants and meticulously smoothed out any creases on my crisp blue button-down shirt. The garment, embellished with ornate golden embroidery, perfectly complemented my peculiar physical traits - my hair, a stunning fusion of blue and silver, cascaded down my back, and my golden eyes sparkled with eager anticipation. Swiftly gathering my hair and securing it in a neat tie, I mentally prepared myself for the task ahead.

 Swiftly gathering my hair and securing it in a neat tie, I mentally prepared myself for the task ahead

As if sensing my anticipation, Sylvie jumped onto my shoulder. I couldn't help but smile at her playful gesture as I gently patted her on the head. While I secretly wished she would assume her human form, I knew that revealing her true nature to others could potentially cause unnecessary commotion. So far, only Art had the privilege of witnessing Sylvie's human form

Emerging from my bedroom, I found my brother patiently waiting for me outside my door. Art appeared exceptionally dashing in his sleek black suit, paired with a pristine white-collared shirt. The only touch of color amidst his ensemble was the light blue scarf elegantly knotted beneath his shirt collar.

 The only touch of color amidst his ensemble was the light blue scarf elegantly knotted beneath his shirt collar

"Are you ready?" I asked him, a hint of excitement evident in my voice.

He flashed me a lopsided grin, "I feel like some sort of flamboyant showdog," he joked, causing me to burst into laughter. With our spirits lifted, we made our way down the stairs, prepared to welcome the arriving guests to Ellie's birthday celebration.

The Helstea Manor was alive with excitement as Ellie's surprise party was in full swing. The ballroom was decked out in opulent decorations, with vibrant string tapestries that draped over tables and stages. Stately embellishments adorned every surface, from the chandeliers to the walls, adding a touch of grandeur to the occasion. The luminous orbs that made up the chandelier glittered, casting a serene ambiance over the room as the guests began to enter through the colossal front doors.