Chapter 31 - confession

Rimuru POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIMURU AND ARTHUR!" everyone cried out in unison.

The whole Helstea house was decorated lavishly, with festive ornaments and woven threads as the Twin Horns and the Helstea family, as well as our family, gathered together to congratulate our eighth birthday. I couldn't help but smile as I looked around at the faces of our family and friends.

"Thank you all for bearing with us!" Art gave a deep bow. I nodded my head in agreement, as Sylvie mimicked my actions.

"You're welcome, Arthur. I'm sure without me, there would be many more problems." I teased, getting a laugh from everyone and an embarrassed punch to the arm from Arthur. we had expressed that we wanted a normal birthday with only family and friends. I and Art didn't want the hassle of talking to people we didn't know.

The dinner turned out to be an extravagant affair, with the chefs going all out for the occasion. The food was delicious and sumptuous, with a variety of dishes to suit everyone's palate. our mother had personally supervised the preparation of our favourite dishes, making sure that everything was perfect.

A panorama of noise filled the halls: the laughter of the kids, the clinking of wine glasses. And the busy footsteps of maids and butlers. The table was pleasantly loud as Adam belched loud jokes and made fun of some of the members with embarrassing moments while exploring the dungeon.

"Adam, you seem to forget the time when a horned mole snuck up under you while you were taking a piss in the dungeon. As I recall, you got so scared, you landed straight on your back, peeing on yourself like a fountain," Jasmine coolly said as she casually continued sipping her tea, not even bothering to look at the petrified Adam.

"Pfft!" The food in my mouth sprayed out as I tried to contain my laughter. Lily patted my back trying to calm me down, while also giggling. My father blatantly roared with laughter, nearly falling back in his chair as he pointed his finger at the frozen Adam. Even Vincent had his face buried in his hands as he tried to keep from laughing.

"No! Y-You! I thought n-no one was awake when that happened?!" Adam's face turned ghostly pale and his shoulders slumped in utter defeat. Meanwhile, the women just shook their heads in embarrassment at the men's behaviours.

All in all, everyone was having a great time. Ellie chimed in eager to tell all of us about her adventures in learning how to read and write, trying to be a part of the grown-up conversations as well, while Lily just giggled and agreed. After dinner, everyone migrated to the living room where the fire had just been lit and area filled with a smoky fragrance.

"Happy birthday, Sons. This present is from your mother and I, and of course, Ellie as well." Father handed Arthur a package wrapped in cloth while Mother was holding back Ellie, whose fidgeting fingers were eager to unwrap the present.

Arthur opened the package, and to his delight, he pulled out two fingerless black gloves with three small white stones sitting on the top of the glove. They were meant for our left hand, looking at the design.

"Your father hunted the material for the glove and I imbued my healing spells unto those three white stones. Each of the stones carries a single-use spell. I'm sure it'll be useful to have some safety measures while you go out on missions." Mother said with a sad smile. I knew she still wasn't ready to send us off, and the gift was her way of protecting us.

"Thanks, Mom, Dad, Ellie, I love it. This will be really useful for me," Arthur said, grateful for the gift. We hugged each of our family members, thanking them for the present.