Side Chapter - Date

Rimuru POV

As I groggily stumbled out of bed, my mind still foggy with sleep, I heard a sharp rap against my bedroom door. Startled, I hastily rubbed the sleep from my eyes and stumbled towards the source of the disturbance. The wooden floor creaked beneath my feet as I made my way across the room, the morning light filtering through the partially closed blinds casting soft shadows on the walls.

As I opened the door, I was greeted by the sight of Ciel standing in front of me, looking radiant as ever. Her long, silver hair fell gracefully around her shoulders, and her red eyes glimmered with a mischievous twinkle. She wore a pair of perfectly fitting skinny jeans, accentuating her slender legs, and a white long-sleeved shirt that hugged her curves in all the right places. And oh, that face. Her features were aglow with a radiant smile that seemed to illuminate the room, causing my heart to skip a beat at the sight of her.

Before I could gather my wits and respond, she blurted out her request, her voice carrying an undercurrent of excitement and anticipation

Before I could gather my wits and respond, she blurted out her request, her voice carrying an undercurrent of excitement and anticipation. "I want to go on a date."

Stunned by her unexpected proposition and enthralled by her beauty, I found myself momentarily speechless. It was typically me who had to muster up the courage to ask her out, but now, the tables had turned. After a moment of gathering myself, I managed to find my voice and replied, though my words came out slightly breathless, "Umm...okay, sure. Where do you want to go?"

A brilliant smile blossomed on Ciel's lips, her eyes crinkling with delight. Her gaze seemed to convey both genuine excitement and trust in my ability to create a memorable experience. "Surprise me," she replied, her voice carrying a hint of playful anticipation, her words dripping with draped in curiosity and intrigue.

"Alright, just give me a moment to change," I nodded, scrambling to find something suitable to wear. My mind raced with ideas on where to take Ciel for our date, each one more exhilarating than the last.

In a whirl of motion, I swept through my wardrobe, deliberating over every option. Eventually, I settled on a pair of sleek black pants, pairing it with a crisp white T-shirt, I tied my hair into a ponytail, taming the unruly strands that framed my face, hoping to present the best version of myself for this special occasion. Topping it off with a tastefully tailored black coat, I couldn't help but feel a surge of confidence wash over me. The ensemble felt simple yet stylish, befitting such a momentous occasion.

Returning to the door, I found Ciel awaiting my presence, her eyes lighting up with approval as she took in my outfit. Without a word spoken, she reached for my hand and intertwined her fingers with mine, a simple yet profound gesture that filled my chest with warmth. "Shall we?" she questioned, her voice infused with an eager expectation that mirrored my own.

Nodding in response, we made our way downstairs, hand in hand, savoring the tender connection that bound us. "We're going out!" Calling out to my family, I announced our departure, hoping to avoid a motherly lecture that could potentially dampen the enchanting atmosphere that had settled around us.