chapter 13 - picnic {Rewritten}

Rimuru POV

It had been a long and exhausting day since I single-handedly destroyed the hideout of a slave trading ring. The atmosphere was still filled with a mix of relief and tension as we basked in our victory. Now, it was time to make crucial decisions, It had been decided that all the people here, along with Kyle and his group, would now follow me.

I informed them that we would set off early in the morning for the place that Rinia had mentioned. Rinia had given me a medallion that held the power to teleport us to our destination. The medallion, I discovered, was a relic built by ancient mages or Djinn, as they were known by another name.

After collecting all the provisions we could salvage from the destroyed hideout, including food, money, and anything useful or valuable, we embarked on the search for one of the transport gates. On our journey, we engaged in conversations about various topics, discussing plans for our future and the steps we would take to ensure their newfound freedom and independence.

During our conversations, Lina turned her attention toward me and asked the question that had been lingering in everyone's mind. "By the way, Rimuru, where are your parents?" Her gaze, followed by the curious eyes of my comrades, locked onto me, awaiting my response.

With a momentary pause, I spoke, the weight of my words evident in my voice. "They are in Xyrus. Due to certain circumstances, my brother and I had to part ways with them. At first, they believed us to be dead, but we managed to get in touch with them and assure them of our safety."

"What a stroke of misfortune to be separated from your parents at such a young age," mused Alfred, the old elf with long white hair like snow and eyes as blue as the sky. He had a white skin and a fighting body, the only reason the slave traders could catch him was because they had the people of his village as hostages and because of his injury.

I offered a small smile, casting my gaze away from the group. "Indeed, it was difficult. However, it was through that separation that I met my first true friend. So, I wouldn't say it was all bad."

"You must have quite a special bond with this friend if it was worth the sacrifice of being separated from your family," Kyla interjected, stepping towards me with curiosity in her eyes.

"Yes, we quickly became close after meeting her. She has become an incredibly important person not only to me but also to my brother," I replied, my voice filled with a mixture of nostalgia and gratitude as I remembered the day Sylvia entered our lives.

<........>

"So, what about your brother? Where does he live?" Alfred asked, casually pushing aside a low-hanging branch that obstructed his path.

"He's actually living in Elenoir, in the royal palace," I replied, as we continued walking. "We stumbled upon some slave traders who were kidnapping a young elf girl. After we rescued her, we accompanied her to Elenoir, only to discover that she is the Princess."

Silence fell upon the group as they halted, their faces reflecting a mixture of astonishment and disbelief.

"Goodness gracious!" Alfred exclaimed, his voice filled with genuine disbelief. "Let me get this straight - A four-year-old who not only awakened his core, but he is also a quadra-elemental augmentation and two deviances. And to top it off, you saved the elven princess and now live in Elenoir with the royal family? I must confess, I may need a moment to process this astounding turn of events, or perhaps I'll just succumb to a dramatic and perfectly timed heart attack!" Laughter filled the air as we all found solace in Alfred's comical response.

With our spirits lifted, we continued our journey, the air around us becoming peaceful and serene. Eventually, we arrived at a dark cave where an old, dilapidated teleportation gate awaited us. However, Ciel had managed to repair the gate before we reached the cave. After confirming its functionality, we crossed the gate, finding ourselves standing in front of several aging buildings that were surprisingly still suitable for use. A small river flowed gently beneath one of the structures, adding a serene touch to the surroundings.