Chapter 51 - The Divulge

Claire Bladeheart POV

"Is Arthur doing okay, Captain?" Kathlyn, the final member to join the meeting, settled into her seat beside me and voiced her concern. Her brows furrowed with genuine worry, her eyes darting between Rimuru and Lily, seeking reassurance.

It had been two days since the incident in Professor Glory's class. I had visited Arthur in the hospital, and while he tried to put on a brave face, I could sense his fatigue and lingering discomfort. The nurse had insisted on a few days of rest, despite his eagerness to get back to his routine.

Rimuru took a measured sip of his coffee, his gaze fixed on the pages of his book. His face remained composed, a mask of calmness that belied the underlying concern he shared for his brother. He exuded an air of tranquility, his features betraying nothing of the tumultuous emotions within him.

"Yes, he's fine. He should have no problem attending his classes today," Rimuru replied to Kathlyn, his voice steady and reassuring. Though his eyes remained on his book, I could tell that he was fully present, his attention divided between the words on the page and the worries weighing on his mind.

A wave of relief washed over Curtis as he exhaled deeply, a hint of guilt evident in his voice. He bowed his head slightly, his hands fidgeting nervously. "I apologize, Captain. I didn't really mean it," he admitted, his voice tinged with remorse.

"Don't worry. Although you bear some responsibility for getting carried away, Art and Tess, in particular, made mistakes as well," Rimuru responded, his tone understanding yet firm. There was no judgment in his words, only a recognition of the shared responsibility they each held.

Tessia's cheeks flushed with embarrassment and her eyes dropped to her lap. Her fingers intertwined anxiously, twisting and untwisting as a visible display of her remorse. Clive, who had been fidgeting restlessly in his seat, opened his mouth to speak, only to be silenced by a sharp, piercing glance from Rimuru. A flicker of fear danced in Clive's eyes, and a chill ran down my spine as I witnessed the intensity of Rimuru's gaze.

I don't blame him for being afraid, I've never seen that side of Rimuru before. I have to admit, that scared me too, even though it wasn't directed at me. The director's choice to make him our leader suddenly made sense - he had a commanding presence that demanded respect and instilled a sense of fear in those who crossed him.

"In just three short days since the commencement of this semester, we have been confronted with a multitude of issues within our student body," Rimuru began, his voice resonating with strength and authority. "Instances of bullying, racism, and various forms of discrimination have emerged, particularly with the arrival of our new elf and dwarf students. As members of the esteemed Disciplinary Committee, it is our unequivocal duty to confront these challenges head-on, safeguarding the safety and well-being of every student within our academy." Rimuru paused momentarily, his penetrating gaze sweeping across the room, meeting the eyes of each individual present. They listened intently, their expressions mirroring their comprehension and shared commitment.

"As the student council, we pledge our unwavering support to you, the esteemed members of the Disciplinary Committee, in addressing these pervasive issues," Tessia declared, her eyes locked with Rimuru's, emanating unwavering determination. The other members of the student council nodded in resolute agreement, their collective determination palpable.

"Are you certain? We wouldn't want to impose additional responsibilities upon you," I interjected, a tinge of doubt creeping into my voice. The student council was already grappling with an array of responsibilities, and I hesitated to burden them further by requesting their assistance.