Chapter 40 - Royal announcement and Lances

Arthur Leywin POV

"Whew! That was Good!" I said as the moon cast its ethereal glow over the backyard patio, I stood there, exhausted and covered in a sheen of sweat. Taking a deep breath, I grabbed a nearby towel, feeling the softness of the fabric against my weary skin as I wiped off my glistening body.

The sound of distant chirping crickets filled the air, creating a peaceful ambiance that heightened the serenity of the night. Each chirp seemed to carry a melody of its own, blending together in a symphony of nature's harmonies. The stillness of the night was tangible, enveloping us in its tranquil embrace.

"I agree, you have improved well in using Realmheart. Good job." My brother who was Beside me said, his eyes filled with admiration, a slight gleam reflecting off them in the moonlight. Unlike me, he appeared unperturbed by our recent training session. His calm demeanor offered a sense of steadiness amidst my fatigue. He was always ready to offer words of praise and encouragement, something that I cherished about him.

Tonight, we had taken advantage of the late hour, when the world was slumbering, to engage in some intense training. The grass beneath our feet was cool and dewy, tickling our toes with every step. The blades bent under our weight, a testament to the hours we had spent perfecting our movements. We had made a pact not to rely on any deviant magic, our sole focus honed on perfecting the fundamentals.

Over the past few weeks, I had dedicated myself wholeheartedly to honing my skills, not only for my personal growth but also to assist in the development of both Elijah and my father. Their progress brought me immense joy and fueled my determination to do better. I had even taken the time to offer a few pointers to my little sister, Ellie.

Observing Ellie in her element brought me immense satisfaction. She had effortlessly found her place among the noble young girls at the prestigious School for Ladies. The small class, tucked away in a corner of the grand estate, catered to refine their etiquette and practical skills. It struck me as both amusing and heartwarming to witness her transformation from a spirited and often mischievous child to a refined and elegant lady in the presence of her friends.

The societal expectations of this world dictated that a "proper" lady possessed both regal manners and the ability to excel in household chores such as cooking and sewing. It was a stark contrast to the world I hailed from, where women were no strangers to hard work and held positions just as important as men. The archaic notion of confining women to the home had long been debunked in my previous world.

However, the things Ellie learned at the prestigious school seemed to be reserved for the public eye alone. Behind closed doors, she reverted to her true self, demanding and spirited. Before settling down for the night, Ellie had made a fuss, insisting that she wouldn't go to bed unless either I or Rimuru stayed with her until she fell asleep. It was both endearing and exasperating, a reminder of the complexities she carried within her young heart.

Chuckling softly to myself, I reveled in the disparity between her spoiled behavior and the refined facade she effortlessly maintained. The giggles threatened to escape my lips as I recalled the memory of her addressing me as "dear honorable brother" during her recent tea party with her friends. Rimuru, standing beside me, muttered about how quickly she was growing up, his tone a mix of pride and disbelief. 

As my sister's birthday approached, I could sense her excitement and curiosity building up. She was eager to discover the special gift that Ri and I had selected for her. While I knew she would appreciate any present we chose, I wanted to ensure it was not only thoughtful but also practical, considering my nature. Luckily, we had been fortunate enough to acquire a substantial amount of money through our relentless exploration of the numerous dungeons bestowed upon us by Kaspian.