Chapter 25 - Cynthia Goodsky

Arthur POV

"Rey! I heard that Rimuru is back!" A thin man with glasses and a suit came barging in, with who I assumed to be his wife and daughter trailing not too far behind. I immediately knew they were our family's benefactors, Vincent, Tabitha, and their daughter, Lilia Helstea.

"Ri!" she cried out, running towards my brother, her arms open wide. "finally you are back!"

He hugged her tight, laughing as he spun her around. "Lilia, it's great to see you again! And you two! uncle Vincent, aunt Tabitha!"

"We're also glad to see you again, Rimuru," said Vincent as he hugged Rimuru, and after a moment parted with him.

"We missed you so much," Tabitha said as she hugged Rimuru, and then they stood up and looked at me, "You must be Arthur,"

My father wrapped his arms around the man's shoulder, "Yes, that's right, Vincent this is my second son, Arthur, Arthur this is Vincent, you must have heard from Ri, but he's the one who helped us these years, so introduce yourself before we start destroying his house," He grinned broadly.

"It is a pleasure to meet you. As you already know my name is Arthur Leywin. Thank you for taking care of my family all of this time." I introduced myself after getting up and bowing to Vincent

"No problem, your dad helped me a lot so I just repaid the debt," Vincent said, smiling at me, before looking at my dad.

"W-What's that! It's so cute." Lilia said, looking at Sylvie, her eyes shining.

"It's my bond, Sylvie, I hatched a few months ago," my brother said, and Sylvie introduced herself with a "kyu!"

"Oh my gosh!" Lilia squealed.

Vincent coughed into his hand, drawing their attention. "Lilia, don't be rude and introduce Arthur."

Lilia realized her error and turned around, she bowed and introduced herself to me in a respectable and graceful fashion, to which I answered in kind.

" By the way Rey, what did you mean by destroying my house? don't tell me you're going to fight your son and he just came back." My dad laughed awkwardly while Vincent sighed.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Rimuru and Lilia and they were stil talking about Sylvie, looking close to each other.

'Maybe I've had my chance...' I thought as I smiled and start thinking of ways to tease my brother about his relationship with Lilia like he did to me and Tess.

We all headed into the backyard, We put proper distance between each other on the large grass lot outside, the audience consisted of t the rest of my family and the Helstea family, and Sylvie, who was playing with Ellie.

I grinned, "Ready when you're ready,"

"Be careful, Art! You may be a light red stage but your old man is still at a higher stage than you!" He pounded his two fists together, giving me a confident smirk

"Come!" My father taunted, getting in an offensive stance.

Let's see how much my training in Elenoir had paid off.

My body, already strengthened through assimilation, responded to mana much more acutely than it had before. Before my father had the time to prepare, my fist was already in range of his body. My father responded immediately as I could sense mana spreading throughout his body.

In a seamless sequence, I feigned a punch, twisting my torso with deceptive grace to deliver a high kick. However, my father's left arm rose like a shield, intercepting my blow. The force of the impact caused his arm to momentarily flinch, opening a brief gap in his defenses. Before I could capitalize on this opening, he swiftly utilized the momentum to chop his right hand towards my body.