chapter 12 - the slaves {Rewritten}

Rimuru POV

"So you live here?" I asked Loid in surprise, taking in the dilapidated state of the house. The structure appeared abandoned, with large cracks running through the walls. Despite some attempts to patch it up, it seemed like it could collapse at any moment.

Loid nodded enthusiastically, a bright smile spreading across his face. As we walked towards the house, he filled me in on some more details about his life. At five years old, he was older than me, though mentally speaking, I was older.

He explained that he shared this house with others who were in a similar situation, struggling to make ends meet. They would often do odd jobs or tasks in exchange for money or food, but it was never enough to truly sustain them.

"I'm back," Loid announced as we entered the house. Surprisingly, the interior was much cleaner than I had expected, despite the presence of old and broken furniture.

"Ah, Loid! You're finally here!" exclaimed a young girl's voice. She appeared to be around ten years old, with fair skin, long red hair flowing down her back, and fiery red eyes. She stood at an average height, dressed in slightly worn clothes. The girl approached Loid, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Didn't I tell you not to be late? They didn't do anything to you, did they?"

"Jeez, Kyla, he's obviously okay," said a boy who looked like the girl. With long red hair tied back, and sharp red eyes, he seemed to be Kyla's twin. Then he turned his eyes towards me and began examining me curiously. After Kyla realized that the boy was looking at me, she turned her attention to me.

"Oh, sorry about that. I was just so worried about Loid that I didn't even notice you," Kyla apologized, stepping closer to me and extending a hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm Kyla Flandier."

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Rimuru Leywin," I replied, shaking her hand

Kyla nodded, and then her older brother, Kyle, stepped forward. He also extended his hand towards me. "I'm Kyle Flandier, Kyla's older brother. Nice to meet you, Rimuru. If you don't mind me asking, what brings you here?"

 If you don't mind me asking, what brings you here?"