Chapter 43 - Troubles in the first day

Rimuru POV

"What is going on here?" Lily's firm voice rang out from beside me, cutting through the chaos of the situation. I turned to see the entire student council making their way towards us, their determined expressions a stark contrast to the panic-stricken students scattered around.

Leading the way with composed yet urgent strides, Tess scanned the scene before her with a critical eye, her delicate features remaining impassive despite the tense situation. Behind her, Lily's usual warmth was replaced by a steely resolve as she marched forward with purpose.

The attacker, his face beaded with sweat, gave a respectful bow as the student council approached, the gravity of the situation evident in his fearful demeanor.

As they reached us, Lily wasted no time in addressing me directly, her tone sharp and to the point. "Can you explain what happened here, Ri?"

"There was a duel between Nicolas and Boznean, and Boznean lost. Despite the duel ending, Nicolas, the attacker, continued to assault Boznean, intending to seriously injure him. That's when Art stepped in to stop him." I said. Lily nodded, her expression showing her understanding as she reached for a notebook to record the details.

One of the student council members, I think his name was Fable. "According to witnesses, the duel was already over, and Boznean, the dwarf, may have been grievously injured or even killed."

Lily's gaze turned cold as she turned her attention to the trembling attacker. Her tone was accusatory as she spoke. "So, not only did you blatantly ignore the rules, but you also disrespected the explicit warning issued by the director and disregarded the earlier statements made by the student council?" Her eyes narrowed as she glared at him.

The attacker, now visibly shaken, stammered in fear and regret. "I... I didn't mean to. I thought... I thought I had to protect my honor."

Tess stepped forward with authority, her blank expression a stark contrast to the tension in the air. "Protecting your honor by breaking the rules and endangering someone's life? That is not how we conduct ourselves within this academy."

Before Nicolas could respond, Tess cut him off with a firm command. "Leave now. Your actions will be reported."

With a deep bow of shame and urgency, Nicolas and his two lackeys swiftly retreated from the courtyard, leaving behind a palpable sense of relief in their wake.

Impressed by the swift and decisive actions of Lily and Tess, I praised them. "Well done, Tess, Lily. I'll personally inform Cynthia about what transpired. There's no need for you to write a report."

Lily smiled gratefully, her usual warmth returning to her features. "Thank you, Ri. We were just doing our job." Tess nodded her agreement, her expression remaining stoic.

Suddenly, the student council secretary, Clive, interjected with a threatening tone. "Listen here, I don't know who you think you are, but you're not allowed to call the President and Vice President by their nicknames."

I was taken aback by his sudden outburst, feeling disappointed by his behavior. I wondered why Cynthia had hired someone like him. Before I could say anything, Clive made a move to grab my shoulder, but I shot him a warning look, asserting my own authority.

Lily quickly shut down Clive's aggressive stance, her voice resolute and commanding. "Clive, stop." Her firm words caused him to hesitate, his hand dropping back to his side. Before he could say anything, Lily interrupted him, determined to assert our relationship. "He is our childhood friend and also the director's disciple. He has every right to address us by our nicknames. Show some respect." The gasps from the onlooking crowd confirmed the impact of Lily's revelation.