Chapter 22 - Assimilation

Rimuru POV

It had been 2 years since we arrived in the Kingdom of Elenoir, and in these two years my team and I managed to accomplish many things, first, we freed all the slaves and also took everything that the slave traders had and started our project.

We began building a restaurant and snack shop, using my knowledge gained from my previous life to recreate the food that I had once known. Our restaurant was met with great approval, and we surprisingly generated a good deal of money from it. With these funds, we quickly established a blacksmith shop, and most of them were tools made by dwarves.

Our team of industrious individuals began working tirelessly on other projects, such as medical herbal shops, and many other important facilities that we knew would be crucial to our success. I even attempted to recreate some technology that I had seen in my past life, such as trains, but quickly learned that it was far too ambitious a project for our current resources and the lack of appropriate sponsorship. Moreover, I wanted the train track to pass on the three Kingdoms So I will need to adjust a lot of things, but I will also need inventors and scientists.

As for the slave traders, I took some of them who were alive and did some experiments on them. Most of them were failed experiments, but I benefited from it some things.

As for the slaves, some of them chose to return to their homes, which I agreed to, of course, on the condition that they not tell anyone about me. As for the rest, I took them with me and some of them began training, while others were helping to build our little town.

Hmm? Didn't I tell you that?

With the help of Ciel, I found a good place for us to build our town, located in one of the forests near Xyrus and protected by magic similar to that of the Elshire Forest. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to even do that.

First, we cleared the place of trees, weeds, and neurons. We started building houses, shops, and basic facilities. It was a hard and stressful experience but we learned a lot as we continue to improve the town.

Next, we created a magic ring around the town and used appropriate techniques to groom the land around the ring. Since illusion magic relied on the height of the magic energy moving around, we used the mana beasts core we obtained.

We also built training facilities that were rich in mana to help refine faster, there were a lot of talented people but not what could be considered 'genius', they were inferior to Kyle and Kyla who were one of our strongest people.

"You're distracted!" Kyla said, When she attacked me with fire arrows, I dodged them all before crouching down, avoiding a sword aimed at my neck.

"You still have a long way to go to hurt me." I kicked Kyle in his stomach and fired blades of wind at Kyla, she jumped up before summoning fireballs that flew toward me with intense speed. As I was about to dodge, the gravity around me increased which took me by surprise, but I quickly used gravity magic to soften the force of gravity around me, keeping me upright and alert.

The Fireballs were getting close to me so I didn't have time to dribble so I conjured up a wall of ice in front of me before the fireballs could reach me. After that, In the blink of an eye, I moved quickly, using the earth beneath to summon stones which I hurled at Kyla at an incredible speed. She barely had time to react and dodged at the last moment.

I turned my attention towards Lina who was also fighting against me, After a period of attack the slavers. Anna, Lina, and Loid awaken as a mage, Anna showed that she is a witch with an affinity for water and Loid had an affinity for fire, while Lina was the only one who had an affinity for two elements between them, which is earth and wind She also became deviant in gravity a while ago.